i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings!

The current iMac I have, an '08 24" duo-core, OSX 10.11.6, has hardware that is too old for Sierra, so I can't download it.

Is it possible to clone the current setup to a newer nifty hackintosh and then update to Sierra, or am I stuck and will need to buy a new Mac anyway?

Thanks!

Jon

Last edited:
What you should do in this situation is make an El Cap Unibeast installer on your old iMac. That's very easy, just follow the basic installation guide's directions. Install El Cap on your hackintosh hardware and then you can easily down load Sierra from MAS.

Whew - that's a relief! Thanks! :)

Whew - that's a relief! Thanks! :)
What if download doesn´t really start? I mean that I click on Download button and it looks like starting download, it shows ¨Calculating...¨ but I don´t see neither any progress in the bar nor any remaining time. I solved the MacPro 3,1 issue but now I can´t continue. What can I do? Thanks

What if download doesn´t really start? I mean that I click on Download button and it looks like starting download, it shows ¨Calculating...¨ but I don´t see neither any progress in the bar nor any remaining time. I solved the MacPro 3,1 issue but now I can´t continue. What can I do? Thanks
Try signing out of the MAS, close your application, then sign back in to the app store and see if it works.

Try signing out of the MAS, close your application, then sign back in to the app store and see if it works.
I was not signed in, and when i try to log on with my Apple ID (the same I use with my other Apple devices), it says "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance"

I was not signed in, and when i try to log on with my Apple ID (the same I use with my other Apple devices), it says "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance"
If you are on a "Hackintosh," see the thread, "The iDiot's Guide To iMessage."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back