Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
G5 with a broke leg

G5 with a broke leg

The lower legs got damaged in shipping so I cut them off and had to clean up the bottom .
IMG_0577.JPGIMG_0572.JPG

After my last build found here.> http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-g5/79323-g5-mod-something-just-little-different.html

I had two G5 backs left over and so tried to come up with a way to make use of them.

I did this a while back but am getting the bug to build a wood case
and will be using some of these parts for it if all gos well.

So here are some pictures of a g5 mod using two backs and other leftovers.
IMG_0583.JPGIMG_0575.JPGIMG_0571.JPG

Now I know your asking where's the computer parts.
Well I got hold of a plastic case for $20 and since I've never built one of those before just had to give it a try.

So here's where the parts went. LOL

IMG_0562.JPGIMG_0563.JPGIMG_0565.JPG

Pardon the messy room but I was in a modding frenzy and just tore my room to bits.
My wife kept coming in and didn't say a word but I got it all back together. LOL

So now between the g5 parts and the plastic case a new wood case will be made once I can narrow down the type of wood case to build.

Every time I do a Google search and see a style I like up comes two more just as nice.
There are just too many choices.

Happy Modding.

Heretolean do you have that system on the top shelf strapped in? Here in California we are concerned about earthquakes. In the 1989 Loma Prieta quake I had displays and terminals falling from shelves to the desktop to the floor at my place of employment; luckily I was not in the lab at the time.

I am always pleased to see another person that has a goodly number of computers on hand.

Your original G5 Power Mac hack/system was the inspiration for my TOP system.

And my wife comes into my home office/lab about once a month and we count computers. She knows of 12 systems and there are a few collector items that we don’t count. However I did sell off the Short Stack and the Black recently.

And I can really identify with having leftover parts as the LOL and my scratch builds # 4 and # 5 were products of using up material and a low level of new parts.

Good modding,
neil

neilhart LOL!!!

Now you got me looking UP??!!:rolleyes:

IMG_0584.JPG

I don't have them strapped down, but should be OK here in Huntsville Al.
I did use heavy duty shelving brackets.

If and when the big one hits out there all my computers are on the west wall so they'll probable all just slide over. :lolno:

I just wanted to show that me room did get straitened back up.:eek:

IMG_0586.JPGIMG_0587.JPG

One thing I'll say about building clear plastic cases it's a real pain having to wear gloves to keep from getting finger prints all over them.

I don't want to tell my age but I've still got my 5" floppys for windows 3 and my 25 disks for office.
Until we moved 2 years ago I had some 1 speed cd roms and the like but got rid of it to move.
A lot of it was to old to use but but just but...

Last winter I built these.

IMG_0590.JPGIMG_0591.JPGIMG_0592.JPG

This winter I'm going to build something like,

13076e44bc098a1aef4d0b7becafdcb7.jpg404.jpg

I also think it would be cool to build a new one of these with os X in it.apple1b.jpg

Happy modding!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back