Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
The Volume MacOS could not be repaired, Disk Full Error

First and foremost, this is an absolutely wonderful community - really helpful and resourceful - and my Hackintosh has worked perfectly for around 5 months, thanks to all the information and notes here.

I turn it on, last Friday, and I have been unable to resolve this error. Because all the hardware is new, I am sure it isn't that.
My best diagnosis, is I have to connect one of the harddrives to another computer and delete a large file from it. What do you pals reckon, anyone seen this before?

Thanks so much for your time and expertises!

Attachments

• IMG_0135.JPG
    IMG_0135.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Can you boot into recovery, go to disk utility, and try to repair the disk?

Thanks for your quick reply @ichris93,
It hangs on a white screen after the apple logo appears I'm afraid.

The repair disk? How long have you waited? I thought mine was hanging buy eventually, less than 30 minutes, it booted.

The repair disk? How long have you waited? I thought mine was hanging buy eventually, less than 30 minutes, it booted.

I've just let the white screen run for an hour, still no movement. The repair disk window doesnt appear, its just a white screen after the Partition Clover selection.

I've just let the white screen run for an hour, still no movement. The repair disk window doesnt appear, its just a white screen after the Partition Clover selection.

Try putting FakeSMC.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Thanks @P1LGR1M - I didn't think there was a way of installing kexts without access to the terminal: but I see this kext would go into the Clover partition. Smart!
I'm struggling to see a way of installing a kext into clover via it's splash screen - and I'm very nervous of corrupting or wiping the drive. I'm really sorry for my incompetance!

The easiest way would be to attach your drive to another Mac or Hack, mount the EFI partition and copy FakeSMC.kext to it.

Or alternatively, do a fresh install and restore your backup.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your help.

Falling your advice, and in conclusion, I used the Winstars Communicator C2 Docking Station and Data Rescue 4 to recover some precious documents with another Mac.

I then restored a backup.

Have a good weekend all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back