Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUSTeK X99-S
CPU
i7-5960X
Graphics
GTX 970
Hi all,
I've got MacPro 4.1 and Sierra has updated itself (not to Hight Sierra) and now Nvidia driver seems to not work anymore. So I'm trying to find a GPU which would work on this setup and I could update Nvidia drivers and make my GTX970 work again.

I have tried GT120 but no luck there. Is there any basic/cheap GPU which would work with Sierra and hopefully with higher system versions so I can plug in my PC screen and update the drivers?? Any Radeon maybe?

Thanks!

Try booting in safe mode and then update the drivers.

just tried that and unfortunately, it doesn't work....

Last edited:
Hi all,
I've got MacPro 4.1 and Sierra has updated itself (not to Hight Sierra) and now Nvidia driver seems to not work anymore. So I'm trying to find a GPU which would work on this setup and I could update Nvidia drivers and make my GTX970 work again.

I have tried GT120 but no luck there. Is there any basic/cheap GPU which would work with Sierra and hopefully with higher system versions so I can plug in my PC screen and update the drivers?? Any Radeon maybe?

Thanks!

Best used card: W7000 for $260
Cheapest new card: RX560 for $120
Best new card: Either WX7100 or Vega 64

Make sure the card does not have a thick backplate on it. I tried a Powercolor Red Dragon RX570 card with a thick backplate and it would not fit properly in the bottom slot.

Your GTX 970 should work once you get the nvidia web drives installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back