Contribute
Register

What Gigabyte motherboard would you recommend from personal experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770k
Graphics
HD4000 and ATI Radeon 4870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!

Is the GA-Z77X-UP5 TH motherboard perfect? If not, what kind of problems you have with it?

I have the GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard and I have only one problem with it; I have to connect the sound output in the black port instead of the green. So for my dual boot, I have to configure under Windows the output port to the black port. Not a big problem but it is not perfect! I would say everything else is working to perfection. (Also, the nics needs a driver; I have fixed this issue by adding a pci-e native ethernet card. I am using a bluetooth usb dongle.) I would buy another motherboard like this one...

I also have the GA-Z77N-WIFI. This one has a little lag(around 5 second before it moves) on bluetooth mouse reconnection when waking up from sleep(and I am using the same usb bluetooth dongle that does not lag on the UD5H motherboard. I think it might have something to do with the usb ports or usb ports configuration.) And a major problem with sound not working(Might be a physical problem, or maybe it needs some kind of special configuration. Multibeast doesnt fix the problem for me. I have to use an external usb audio adaptor and I dont like it at all). I have also noticed that there is no wake on sleep on this motherboard which is unfortunate. I think the wake on sleep could be fixed with an ethernet card, but I would have no more slot for my good video card to play games with. I have fixed the wifi card problem by buying one that is natively supported off ebay.

Anyone got experience with a Gigabyte motherboard that works to perfection?

I am looking to replace the GA-Z77N-WIFI for a motherboard that works perfectly! If it does not exist, let me know your experiences with yours!

Thank you!

Why do you need that perfection? The UD5H works perfect for me. I have no sleep issues and can put the audio cable into the green port. If you want perfectly working and spending much money (what you would do if you buy that many mobos) get the original. They will have less issues obviously.

But like I said, the UD5H works perfectly for me. OC, USB, Wifi etc. Though I can't tell if FireWire and Ethernet are fine as I don't use them. Also don't have 5.1 Audio, so I don't have use for it either.

You know what! I was thinking of selling my second rig and buying a mac mini instead at 600$(cpu benchmark less than 4000). But im gonna wait until they have ssd in there to buy one! And like you said, the real macs are not problem free either ;O) But with mac mini you have to buy a 800$ model to get a competitive i5-3570k(7100 cpu benchmark) cpu speed... So buying a new motherboard and selling the old one is still a good deal! You can always sell at 33.33% discount from the actual price the hardware you bought. It's easy to sell and you get your money back!

I would be happy to know how you do a vanilla installation without any modifications and use the green port in the back! :O) But like I said, it's minor so I would buy another UD5H motherboard! But I want to know if somebody else have a perfectly, vanilla installation, working motherboard.

(And I dont have that much money, I just need two rigs because I have a family. And having only one computer access the the internet is problematic... But you probably dont want to hear about this crap anyway... ;O) )

Anyone else have a great vanilla installation experience with another motherboard?

Personally it seems to me a little like wasted time. As you never get to use your computer if you sell and upgrade and rebuild it all the time. Except computers are your hobby.

But with mac mini you have to buy a 800$ model to get a competitive i5-3570k(7100 cpu benchmark) cpu speed...
Nope, because for that money you can build a hackintosh with a GB score of up to 15000. Mac mini makes only sense if you want something small, easy for light computer work.

I would be happy to know how you do a vanilla installation without any modifications and use the green port in the back! ) But like I said, it's minor so I would buy another UD5H motherboard! But I want to know if somebody else have a perfectly, vanilla installation, working motherboard.
Simply doing a clean install with the latest OS, Unibeast and Multibeast (installing right kexts).

Anyway, let people do what they do :)

Anyone else have a great vanilla installation experience with another motherboard?

2 MSI boards that only required a BIOS patch to unlock MSR for native power management. If you didn't care about sleep or speed step you don't even need to flash the BIOS - just use NullCPUPM kext. No DSDT required, just the basics from MultiBeast.

MSI Z77A-GD65 + i5 3570K and H77MA-G43 + i3 3225

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back