Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I know this is a stupid question but I cannot figure out the answer. I created a Clover 10.11 USB drive for my Gigabyte.Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard upgraded to UEFI bios. I selected Legacy mode. Then I noticed that UniBeast 6.1 created two partitions: usb and EFI. When I try to eject USB, I am informed that there are two partitions that need to be ejected. If I click on "eject Both" they don't eject. Even if I select Force eject the EFI partition remains greyed out. What am I supposed to do with the EFI partition: copy it onto the usb partition? Or is it already on the usb drive but invisible?

Thanks for your kind assistance

Either wait for Spotlight to finishes indexing the USB, force eject or reboot.

Thanks for your reply. I believe that my question was not clear. I am talking about the creation of the UniBeast usb installer. When I get the "Installation complete" message, I close the UniBeast creator window and I then see two different partitions displayed like two different drives: EFI and USB. On the usb partition, I see two files: EFI-Backups and Install OS X El Capitan. On the EFI partition I see one file:EFI that contains two folders, BOOT and CLOVER. If I eject the usb drive then there are only two files on it : EFI-Backups and Install OS X El Capitan. Should the EFI partition be on the usb drive too? Should the installer place it there automatically or should I copy it?

I hope my explanation is clear enough.

Everything is ok.
The EFI partition is still there, it just doesn't get mounted.
If you want to access it after the first eject, you will have to mount it manually.

PS
There is a difference between file and folder. Please use the correct term for each item you name.

Thanks for your reply. I know there is a difference between a file and a folder but since English is my second language I sometimes make the mistake. From your reply I understand that the EFI folder is on the usb partition when I eject it even if I don't see it. No need to copy it.

Thanks again

The USB stick is a drive.

This drive has two partitions one called EFI and in your case one called USB.
Those are different things like two drawers in a cupboard.
You can mount and use the partitions indepenently.

The EFI folder which contains the CLOVER folder is on the EFI partition not on the USB partition.
The EFI partition with all it's folders and files is normally hidden. To get to the config.plist, kext and DSDT folder - which are used during booting from the stick - you will have to mount the EFI partition first.

I totally understand the separation between the two, but I think my question is then, which partition do I then drag Multibeast to in order to access it when the install is done, the EFI, or the "USB" partition which is where the actual "Install MacOS" app is located.

same issue and i didn't get nothing from this back and forth, however as Coquin i have the issue that the Usb drive: has the HS installer and EFI-backup folder (with nothing in it) and then an EFI drive: that has boot and clover files with a clover log.

So does that EFI folder that is inside the EFI drive: get put on the USB?

thank for any help

So does that mean you do t have to drag to my usb installer, because when I start the boot p process I see Clover on screen but I do not see the macOS installer

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back