Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z77E-ITX
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
GTX 650
I am able to boot in using the -f flag, without it, I hang at something to do with ethernet.
What do I need to change in the boot plist so that I do not have to type the -f flag each time I boot in to OS X?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Pithecia</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>
~

-f = Tells the machine to reload all kexts and dump the boot configuration cache, (kext cache found in: /System/Library/Extensions.mkext, you can delete it manually and the system will recreate it).

As for what you need to put in your boot plist file, that's up to someone with a little more knowledge on the material.

-f = Tells the machine to reload all kexts and dump the boot configuration cache, (kext cache found in: /System/Library/Extensions.mkext, you can delete it manually and the system will recreate it).

As for what you need to put in your boot plist file, that's up to someone with a little more knowledge on the material.

Interesting bit of info.

Replace;

With;

<string>darkwake=0 -f</string>

Thats it
:)

Replace;

With;

<string>darkwake=0 -f</string>

Thats it
:)

that sounds like a lazy patch of the symptoms instead of curing the root of the problem, no?
moreover, wouldn't that extend my boot time unnecessarily because it'll be recreating the kextes each time?

Since you have a non ATI GPU you do not need any of the ATI settings. Try deleting those.

Since you have a non ATI GPU you do not need any of the ATI settings. Try deleting those.
This build uses the 6670. The ati settings are necessary for my GPU to be fully recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back