Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'd just like some input on my current build. Currently running 10.8.1. My Hardware is included in my signature. One thing that's not on there is an Corsair H100 Liquid CPU cooler, which runs great, considering that I have my machine O'C'd to 4.2 Ghz. I've currently got my eye's on a Mac Pro Case upgrade. Tell me what you guys think, any suggestions for modifications or upgrades?

The main thing that I'd like to add is that I'm using a custom made kext for audio in order to get Dolby Digital and DTS surround via my Optical cable. This kext was made by a user on this forum called "nosyczek". He's due all credit for the current kext that I use for my system. The original thread is http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=29531. But I've also included the file for easy download. So far I've used it on my previous mother board which was an
GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3, and is currently working great on my current board which is a Z68X-UD3H-B3.
I haven't been able to get DD 5.1 or DTS working with the current Toleda edits. But this has been working for me since my original custom built Hackintosh.

Any and all comments are welcome!

Matt

Attachments

• IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0269.jpg
    IMG_0269.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0297.jpg
    IMG_0297.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
  • 889Beta_Lion_AppleHDA_v2.1.3.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
Move to the correct forum section. tonymacx86 forum index

User Builds -> General Tuning (forum sections)
|
|
|
V​
User Builds == Confirmed [Successful] User Hardware Build Descriptions and questions on the build description

----------------------------> Forum Rules <--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back