Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z710s
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
5700XT
Hi,

I'm currently running my hackintosh without any flaws however sidecar doesn't appear to work ( It does show on the settings). However I don't have wifi om my computer and use bluetooth over a external usb.

So what would I need in order to make it work?

Thanks in advance for the replies :)

Hi,

I'm currently running my hackintosh without any flaws however sidecar doesn't appear to work ( It does show on the settings). However I don't have wifi om my computer and use bluetooth over a external usb.

So what would I need in order to make it work?

Thanks in advance for the replies :)

Hi there,

You need a wired connection, Lightning or USB-C to USB etc., and a suitable system-definition. Check Apple for the list of machines which supports it and make sure your machine is one of them.

:)

Hi there,

You need a wired connection, Lightning or USB-C to USB etc., and a suitable system-definition. Check Apple for the list of machines which supports it and make sure your machine is one of them.

I don't have any USB C port on my computer. Can I buy a USB-C to USB-A adapter? And its really weird but my Mac doesn't show a type, it just says iMac. Would that be an issue? I do have like 10USB ports working right now so I haven't experienced any limitations

1587922928215.png

I don't have any USB C port on my computer. Can I buy a USB-C to USB-A adapter? And its really weird but my Mac doesn't show a type, it just says iMac. Would that be an issue? I do have like 10USB ports working right now so I haven't experienced any limitations

View attachment 465177

Hi there,

No, I think Apple means that if you don't have a wireless connection you can use the USB to Lightning cable to connect the two. USB-C is only mentioned because that is what the new iPad Pro uses.

Yes indeed. If the system-definition is not set correctly then Sidecar will not work. Double-check your config.plist SMBIOS and confirm what definition you are using.

Hi there,

No, I think Apple means that if you don't have a wireless connection you can use the USB to Lightning cable to connect the two. USB-C is only mentioned because that is what the new iPad Pro uses.

Yes indeed. If the system-definition is not set correctly then Sidecar will not work. Double-check your config.plist SMBIOS and confirm what definition you are using.

I’m using the latest iPad Pro so would a USB A to USB C cable work? I can also buy a wifi card if that works.

and should I mySMBIOS to that of the latest mac pro or imac pro?

thanks for the replies so far, really appreciateit

I’m using the latest iPad Pro so would a USB A to USB C cable work? I can also buy a wifi card if that works.

and should I mySMBIOS to that of the latest mac pro or imac pro?

thanks for the replies so far, really appreciateit

You cannot use SMBIOS provided for Macs that mount the T2 chip (therefore no last Mac Pro or IMac Pro) because Sidecar will not work for you and you must have the IGPU enabled in your bios.
Otherwise you may have the connection, but the iPad screen in black.
So you have to choose the SMBIOS that remain and are suitable for your config.

You cannot use SMBIOS provided for Macs that mount the T2 chip (therefore no last Mac Pro or IMac Pro) because Sidecar will not work for you and you must have the IGPU enabled in your bios.
Otherwise you may have the connection, but the iPad screen in black.
So you have to choose the SMBIOS that remain and are suitable for your config.
Gotcha! I am not sure if iGPU is enabled. I believe it caused some issues. Would it be a problem if I used my 5700XT?

Gotcha! I am not sure if iGPU is enabled. I believe it caused some issues. Would it be a problem if I used my 5700XT?

If you want Sidecar to have any chance of running in any of the T2 chipless SMBIOS that fit your config, you need to activate the IGPU in addition to your 5700 in the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back