Contribute
Register

What can be done with an i7-860

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. That's about the same score as the latest mac pros. Probably works better too for single-threaded applications.

can you link this guys build.

There is no specific details on his hardware.

best I can tell is he is running
i7-860
2000Mhz RAM
Over clocked to 4.25Ghz

I am guessing he has a water cooler because I don't think you can do 4.25Ghz without water.

r.

rabbit74 said:
I am guessing he has a water cooler because I don't think you can do 4.25Ghz without water.
I would definitely think he is using at least water, if not more.

I have been debating this cooling system for a while:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181010&cm_re=corsair-_-35-181-010-_-Product

It's a simplified, closed-system liquid cooling setup. And the reviews seem rather positive, I still may pick one up (if I decide to overclock, so far my system as is is faster than I need and I figure it'll be at least a year or two before oc-ing is even noticeable), but I figured I'd post this for anyone who wants to oc and use liquid cooling but doesn't want a complicated system...

disconap said:
I have been debating this cooling system for a while:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181010&cm_re=corsair-_-35-181-010-_-Product

It's a simplified, closed-system liquid cooling setup. And the reviews seem rather positive, I still may pick one up (if I decide to overclock, so far my system as is is faster than I need and I figure it'll be at least a year or two before oc-ing is even noticeable), but I figured I'd post this for anyone who wants to oc and use liquid cooling but doesn't want a complicated system...
I'd recommend it for people who do not want to do maintenance on a cooling system but still want it's benefits.

...and people who don't want to spend the premium price of a higher end cooling system. Of course, I'm sure it is about half as efficient, so if you really want to push things this probably isn't your choice, but for someone like me who MAY go to the high 3s, seems like a good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back