Graphics
EVGA GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Without typing anything in on the startup, I get a 0xdeadbeefdeadbeef error, so I was wondering what boot flags I needed in order to start up properly. Computer specs:

Core i5 4670k
GA-Z87X-UD3H
Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2x4gb)
CX500M
Crucial M500 120gb
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800
Intel HD Graphics 4600

I am pretty new at this, so any information at all would be helpful.

Without typing anything in on the startup, I get a 0xdeadbeefdeadbeef error, so I was wondering what boot flags I needed in order to start up properly. Computer specs:

Core i5 4670k
GA-Z87X-UD3H
Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2x4gb)
CX500M
Crucial M500 120gb
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800
Intel HD Graphics 4600

I am pretty new at this, so any information at all would be helpful.

For a deadbeef error boot with maxmem=4096

Try -v -x maxmem=4096

Good Luck

I got this error message in the last 6 lines of code in verbose mode.

WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : GetCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c
-- Power management may be incomplete or unsupported
DSMOS has arrived
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
IO80211Controller::dataLinkLayerAttachedComplete(): adding AppleEFINVRAM notification
IO80211Interface::efiNVRAMPublished():

Any ideas as of what could be causing this?

EDIT: I actually have 4 gigabytes of ram in my system, so I booted with maxmem=2048 and nothing changed.

I got this error message in the last 6 lines of code in verbose mode.

WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : GetCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c
-- Power management may be incomplete or unsupported
DSMOS has arrived
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
IO80211Controller::dataLinkLayerAttachedComplete(): adding AppleEFINVRAM notification
IO80211Interface::efiNVRAMPublished():

Any ideas as of what could be causing this?
This happens when Mac OSX does not recognize your CPU. This can be caused by a locked down BIOS, which requires NullCPUPowerManangement or a patched AICPM.kext. If you're using any other motherboard that supports UEFI except Gigabyte, you will need to flash it.

If it's legacy, you will need a DDST.

This happens when Mac OSX does not recognize your CPU. This can be caused by a locked down BIOS, which requires NullCPUPowerManangement or a patched AICPM.kext. If you're using any other motherboard that supports UEFI except Gigabyte, you will need to flash it.

If it's legacy, you will need a DDST.
I am using a Gigabyte motherboard and have it updated to the latest f10b update. So do I need to flash it, or patch it? How do I do these things? How do I know if it's legacy? *cough* clueless *cough* *cough* :crazy:

I am using a Gigabyte motherboard and have it updated to the latest f10b update. So do I need to flash it, or patch it? How do I do these things? How do I know if it's legacy? *cough* clueless *cough* *cough* :crazy:
Since you're using a Gigabyte motherboard, you probably won't need to flash it since it should support power management natively. You just need to generate an SSDT for your CPU. Can you provide the model of your motherboard?

Since you're using a Gigabyte motherboard, you probably won't need to flash it since it should support power management natively. You just need to generate an SSDT for your CPU. Can you provide the model of your motherboard?
I have the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H. So how do I generate an SSDT?

Your BIOS supports UEFI so you don't need a DDST either. Read this post on how to generate a SSDT.
Here is the code I found: What do I do with it now? P.S. Is this DSDT code or SSDT code (if that is even a valid question)?

/* Source Provider Definition
Source = {name:<user-defined name>, url:<url without trailing slash>}
URLs are automatically composed <url>/.maciasl, where .maciasl is the manifest
A manifest file is a simple list of patch metadata, one patch per line
Lines are composed like <name>\t<type>\t<url> and separated by newlines (\n)
The only illegal field characters are tab (\t) and newline (\n)
Type is one of DSDT or SSDT, but if absent defaults to DSDT for compatibility
New fields may be added in the future, but <url> will _always_ be last
Patch URLs will automatically be composed like <source URL>/<patch URL>
It is recommended that patches start with a comment of the form:
#Maintained by: <name> for: <site>
*/

UPDATE: I took out my WiFi card and used the boot flags P1LGRIM gave me to successfully boot into the welcome screen. Unfortunately I had a power surge during the install, so I do not know if my drive got corrupted or not. I will keep you updated. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back