Motherboard
Asus B150i Gaming Aura
CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
RX 590
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
What do you guys think about the nvidia drivers for 20xx series cards. Those cards will drop in a month or two. I bought the 1070 last year and after waiting 6 months for the drivers, I had enough and sold that beautiful Card. Wondering if the same driver drama of 10 series happen again with the 11 series graphics card ?

Last edited:
What do you guys think about the nvidia drivers for 11 series cards. Those cards will drop in a month or two. I bought the 1070 last year and after waiting 6 months for the drivers, I had enough and sold that beautiful Card. Wondering if the same driver drama of 10 series happen again with the 11 series graphics card ?

They will need to be Metal compatible + new architecture. I think we will have to wait a long time. But I have no Crystal ball so wait and see.

@CrashMidnick thanks for your input. I took my lesson from last time. Waited 6 months and then sold the 1070. A lot of people were buying 980 ti's at a very good bargain at that point. Also, now there is vega. I think I won't wait for the drivers and either grab a 1080 or a vega 56

@Gigamaxx I do hope so. As long as it's not like last time, I'm okay with 2/3 months waiting period. But not 6+ months.

It makes no sense to buy a card for macOS that has no drivers. Like you say new cards might bring down the MSRP of existing ones.

They are already dropping due to overproduction and the mining craze gazing down. AMD is slowly coming down but not as quick as Nvidia cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back