Contribute
Register

What are some good Mini ITX cases under $100?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They all seem to be more expensive than regular Mid ATX cases for some reason. Or is that my imagination? Anyway, there are so many options out there i don't know where to start. Please recommend me some ITX cases. Sturdiness is good, and sleek looks are good. Thanks!

Thanks for the speedy response! I like the look of both of those.

I should also mention a few details in case somebody is able to catch me before i make a mistake... I'm thinking of building it with: Gigabyte Z370N Wifi motherboard, i7 8700, and onboard graphics. It's also my first time building a PC, although that doesn't worry too much for some reason. Should it?

Pros of cons of building in a mini ITX case?

It's also my first time building a PC, although that doesn't worry too much for some reason. Should it?
Not at all. You can watch some instructional videos that detail all the steps. Take your time, do it right the first time and you'll be installing macOS in a few short hours.

Pros of cons of building in a mini ITX case?
The most common complain I hear YouTubers mention is air flow, Ive never built in a Mini-ATX case myself tho...
Please recommend me some ITX cases. Sturdiness is good, and sleek looks are good.
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...™-380T-Portable-Mini-ITX-Case/p/CC-9011061-WW

This case advertises itself for being sturdy at least, and I think it looks pretty awesome! I have the 780T which is basically a full ATX tower case version of the 380T and Im happy with it, it has a matt finish, magnetic holder that keeps the dust filters/metal grid in place and handles for the side panels making it very easy to open up the case. It might be a little difficult finding a seller for it tho because its no longer in production, and Im a little unsure if it works with modern hardware (so I suggest you do some research if you like the case) but my 780T works perfectly with my Z170-A and GTX 1060

Attachments

• Graphite 780T.jpg
    Graphite 780T.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Wow, interesting! It looks like a speaker box.

What about MicroATX cases? Have people here got recommendations for those too?

Wow, interesting! It looks like a speaker box.
What about MicroATX cases? Have people here got recommendations for those too?

Only you can decide which case looks the best and meets all your requirements. The best place, with the best prices to search is on Newegg. You can customize everything about a search including price, features, form factor etc. Give this a try and see nearly every potential case available that could work for you.

Here's an example of a basic Power Search on Newegg. Change any of the criteria along the left side you'd like.

Screen Shot 5.jpg

The reason i ask is because i live in Australia so most resources like that don't apply to us in terms of pricing and shipping options. Also, i'm looking for people's personal experiences with products. But i will check it out anyway for the sake of discovering cases. Still hoping people let me know about any gems they've found.

But i will check it out anyway for the sake of discovering cases.
That was my intention that you at least decide on a case you like, no matter where you buy it from.

One thing you are really going to need to pay attention to is whether or not you plan to run a PCI-E graphics card or not. There are multiple cards out there with lots of dimensional differences. Once you have that figured out then get a case that will accommodate the card and the rest of the components. With the card though, you will have to ensure that your power supply (PSU) can handle it and provides enough juice.

Also realize that with Mojave, there are currently no NVidia drivers available for their cards which causes some issues. Make sure you do all your research before you pull the trigger or put a thread in the Compatibility forum so you can ensure others have used your system specs (or similar) without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back