Contribute
Register

What are correct CPU BusSpeedkHz & Latency values?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H61M-SP2V
CPU
Intel Core i5 2380p
Graphics
8400GS
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm learning to use Clover and so far everything is working well, although I read the CPU configuration docs, and it says:
Bus speed in kHz. Very important value for a stable system. It is passed from the boot loader to the kernel. If this value is not correct, the kernel will not start at all. If it is slightly incorrect, clock issues may arise and the system will behave in a strange way.

It recommends that I set this property, but I don't know what value to set. Where do I get the value from?

Also, I'm not sure about the Latency property, from what it says in the docs I think it has something to do with SpeedStep. I need further explanation about this, the docs are a bit vague.

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

I know this thread is a couple months old but I'm also interested in know this. I used the auto-config option in Clover Configurator just to see what it would put there and it suggested Bus Speed of 99,768 for my i74790K. But the thing it suggested for latency was 0xfa. which i'm not sure what that is but looks like the suggestion for laptops in the clover guide.

I haven't changed them yet because I'm trying to find out more about both of them. Did you ever find anything on this?

Unless you have a specific problem there's no reason to change them, let Clover figure it out...

Unless you have a specific problem there's no reason to change them, let Clover figure it out...

Would it help me with Power Management at all? I can't seem to get that working, so I was wondering if changing those would somehow help?

No it won't. What is your problem with PM? Post your config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back