i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I learned a lot today. The first thing, I was burning iBoot & rBoot all wrong, that helped a lot. I watched a bunch of utube videos by Dean Wray which helped immensely. I now actually have 10.6 up & running it's not where I want it but it's a huge leap from this morning. I will clone my hard drive at each step as it will speed my progress & learning. I haven't messed with a pc for years since I switched to Mac. Hackintosh fascinate me especially the ability to create a high speed machine @ about half the cost of a new Mac.

I learned a lot today. The first thing, I was burning iBoot & rBoot all wrong, that helped a lot. I watched a bunch of utube videos by Dean Wray which helped immensely. I now actually have 10.6 up & running it's not where I want it but it's a huge leap from this morning. I will clone my hard drive at each step as it will speed my progress & learning. I haven't messed with a pc for years since I switched to Mac. Hackintosh fascinate me especially the ability to create a high speed machine @ about half the cost of a new Mac.

Well done, and welcome to our world :crazy:

FWIW I have found 10.6.8 to be the best (read stable and reliable) version of OSX for DAW use (using Logic9) :wink:

rberning

Gongrats on what you have done - I too have found DeanWray Utube videos helpfull
I have cut and pasted my notes into this post for you to look at

If you are unfamiliar w the internal workings of the Mackintosh world, I found the following websites and videos very be helpful.

But before you do this please look for some YOUtube vids under the name deanwrayUK
of these shortcuts.

His vid on Best Practice - Hackintosh - MultiBeast (Best Practice) - YouTube
His vid on Basic Overview Hackintosh - Basic Overview - YouTube
His vid on Bootloader flags Hackintosh - Basic Intro to Bootloader flags and repair - YouTube

his youtube channel
OSX, 3D, Hacks, TD... bit of everything - YouTube

iBoot and Multibeast - TonyMacx86 guide
tonymacx86 Blog: iBoot + MultiBeast: Install Mac OS X on any Intel-based PC

Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide - for 10.6.x
tonymacx86.com - Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide
or
http://www.tonymacx86.com/section/3-guides.html

Mac OSC 10.6.8 update - and Update Helper for 155 Sandy Bridge
tonymacx86 Blog: Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update
tonymacx86 Blog: Get Ready for OS X Lion: Update to 10.6.8 on a Socket 1155 Sandy Bridge System

TonyMac listing of alternative sources for information you may find usefull
tonymacx86 Forum • View topic - Helpful OSx86 Resources

TonyMac listing of supported video cards that you may find usefull
Graphics Card Database - tonymacx86 Wiki

Please perform a Google search for this
" How to use Multibeast: a comprehensive guide of Multibeast options " - remove quotes
you will see several links related to Multibeast that will help you with this utility.

Something usefull about command line switchs one needs to know !
Bootloader & ACPI Flags While Darwin Bootloader. | OSX86 Basics

Board index » The Build » Snow Leopard Installation » 10.6 Desktop Support
tonymacx86 Forum • View topic - Installation Troubleshooting Tips & General Recommendations

Update helper - use before 10.6.8 install
tonymacx86 Blog: Get Ready for OS X Lion: Update to 10.6.8 on a Socket 1155 Sandy Bridge System

Installation Troubleshooting Tips & General Recommendations
tonymacx86 Forum • View topic - Installation Troubleshooting Tips & General Recommendations
Troubleshooting - tonymacx86 Wiki

Some information on the BootX (Apple) process or what happens when you press that power button.
BootX (Apple) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it’s such an important question in present days. it's commendable that you care about your future and think ahead about good education. But if you want to get a good education you should engage in self-development and maybe ask for help professionals like https://pro-papers.com/buy-informal-essay and then you will definitely can find answers for all of your questions. A lot of students don’t have enough time to study on high level, cause they have to earn money to pay for their education bills.

Thank you for such a great article, so many useful things I learned today that I understand it is never too late to develop and learn something new and new. With so much useful information, I'll be even better at Hackintosh. And DeanWray really makes very useful and high-quality videos that can help any beginner in just a few videos you can learn a lot. Once I learned a lot about cheap paper in turn. And I think that on YouTube you can find everything what are you looking for...

rberning

Gongrats on what you have done - I too have found DeanWray Utube videos helpfull
I have cut and pasted my notes into this post for you to look at

If you are unfamiliar w the internal workings of the Mackintosh world, I found the following websites and videos very be helpful.

But before you do this please look for some YOUtube vids under the name deanwrayUK
of these shortcuts.

His vid on Best Practice - Hackintosh - MultiBeast (Best Practice) - YouTube
His vid on Basic Overview Hackintosh - Basic Overview - YouTube
His vid on Bootloader flags Hackintosh - Basic Intro to Bootloader flags and repair - YouTube

his youtube channel
OSX, 3D, Hacks, TD... bit of everything - YouTube

iBoot and Multibeast - TonyMacx86 guide
tonymacx86 Blog: iBoot + MultiBeast: Install Mac OS X on any Intel-based PC

Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide - for 10.6.x
tonymacx86.com - Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide
or
http://www.tonymacx86.com/section/3-guides.html

Mac OSC 10.6.8 update - and Update Helper for 155 Sandy Bridge
tonymacx86 Blog: Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update

TonyMac listing of alternative sources for information you may find usefull
tonymacx86 Forum • View topic - Helpful OSx86 Resources

TonyMac listing of supported video cards that you may find usefull
Graphics Card Database - tonymacx86 Wiki

Please perform a Google search for this
" How to use Multibeast: a comprehensive guide of Multibeast options " - remove quotes
you will see several links related to Multibeast that will help you with this utility.

Something usefull about command line switchs one needs to know !
Bootloader & ACPI Flags While Darwin Bootloader. | OSX86 Basics

Board index » The Build » Snow Leopard Installation » 10.6 Desktop Support

Update helper - use before 10.6.8 install

Installation Troubleshooting Tips & General Recommendations
Troubleshooting - tonymacx86 Wiki

Some information on the BootX (Apple) process or what happens when you press that power button.
BootX (Apple) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back