Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX670 OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am attempting the unibeast method and am following to the letter. Basically the computer boots to the apple logo and then I get a spinning wheel followed (concurrently by) by the "no symbol". Shortly after the apple symbol appears the flash drive stops blinking.

I have considered and dealt with the following:
-Load Optimized Defaults and reboot
-HPET 64 bit mode
-SATA to AHCI mode
-update bios to latest supported via DSDT (F3) and updated to latest bios version (F7
-made sure flash drive is in USB 3.0 slot...re something I read, I tried to move it from 3.0 to 2.0 slot after apple logo. Drive keeps blinking but progress wheel freezes

Components:

mobo: Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 Intel H61
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (4GB inserted for initial boot as per instructions)
SSD: Corsair 60 GB Force Series 3 SATA III 6Gb/s
Processor: i5-2500K
case/power supply: SilverStone SG05BB-450
Flash Drive: Kingston 8GB USB 2.0

You need to be on the USB2.0 port, front panel, connected to HDMI/DVI.

Hit F12, under Hard Drive+, hit ENTER on your USB brand name.

Great thanks, the video was very informative. I am about to jump into the fourms and google with my list of errors but wanted to see if any of the issues jumped at you. (Please see attached)

There are line items toward the top of the final page such as:

Couldn't alloc class "appleHDAController"
Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernal primitives misused

In the video he mentions that he knows to concern himself with the final lines of text, should I be concerned with all line items that have negative terminology (couldn't, misused, failed etc?) If so seems like I have some work on my hands...

Attachments

• TT8C7649.JPG
    TT8C7649.JPG
    1,003.4 KB · Views: 273
Dnk_Productions said:
-update bios to latest supported via DSDT (F3) and updated to latest bios version (F7

Your DSDT and bios versions don't match. You need to have a DSDT for your bios.

I just changed my bios to F3 and put the DSDT-GA-H61N-USB3-F3.aml file onto the flash drive as well. Upon boot I am still getting the spinning wheel with the "no symbol". Something else of note: I tried to boot into single user to check harddisk as well as other potential fixes that I have found online but am unable to enter any terminal characters.

Dnk_Productions said:
I just changed my bios to F3 and put the DSDT-GA-H61N-USB3-F3.aml file onto the flash drive as well. Upon boot I am still getting the spinning wheel with the "no symbol". Something else of note: I tried to boot into single user to check harddisk as well as other potential fixes that I have found online but am unable to enter any terminal characters.

Can you use UniBeast to boot? Is your key board wired?

The keyboard is wired and I am attempting unibeast. I am sending back the mobo and going replacing with: GIGABYTE GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 LGA, as well as replacing the case with: Antec Three Hundred ATX Mid TowerTower. Mainly for upgrade capabilities but also in an effort to troubleshoot. I am getting a DVD ROM so that I have the option to try the iboot method.

It is still strange that I was unable to enter any commands in single user mode.

Things are getting worse-basic HTPC

UPDATE: THINGS ARE GETTING WORSE, think I might give up

Returned and got a new mobo, case, flash drive, and optical drive...thinking they might be the issue. I assume that the optical drive needs power (I currently have a sata cable connected) but none of the cables from the power supply fit in the optical drive.

I am still getting a spinning wheel and "no symbol" error when trying to boot from the drive. I guess the issue could be the processor or RAM (although both are being seen and performing as per the bios.

I figured if unibeast method didnt work I would just do the iboot, but i can't even get the optical drive to turn on with what I have read is all compatible hardware.

Components
mobo: Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 Intel H61
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (4GB inserted for initial boot as per instructions)
SSD: Corsair 60 GB Force Series 3 SATA III 6Gb/s
Processor: i5-2500K
case/power supply: SilverStone SG05BB-450
Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc AD-7740H-01 8X DVDRW Slim Drive
Flash Drive: Kingston 8GB USB 2.0

Attachments

• TT8C7708.JPG
    TT8C7708.JPG
    604.5 KB · Views: 195
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back