Contribute
Register

What about wacom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah awesome man! If you do see anything I can test it out again and send you back details, would be great to get it working! Last time I did a hack it was a few years ago on a Lenovo laptop but windows 10 and the MSP are completely different setups!

Look forward to seeing what you think, thanks for getting involved!
Thanks for hitting me back, I’m in no rush to upgrade, the old MBP is still kicking and ipad pro gen1 plus Astropad does the job just fine. But, my new company gave me a budget and some time, was hoping that a MSP would replace my janky set up.

I hope to comb through ur error log and find u a work around this weekend, not my first rodeo (he said un-ironically)

In any case thanks for trying!

Peace

Hey James, did you have any joy on this? I've been busy up until this week and been thinking about trying again, any help would be great!

So OSX 10.13.6 may be the saving grace to a mobile studio pro hackintosh! Finally got it to boot and logged in. Pen works natively without a kext. Touch supports works (Multitouch works) with a kext I think its USBInjectAll will have to test out. Wacom drivers are installed and all keys work (excluding Volume and Rotate keys) and device is seen

List of things not working:
Volume and autorotate keys
Graphic Acceleration- only shows 31mb for the 550 and rendering are extremely slow
WIFI- Will never work since its intel. get a dongle or get a heat gun, screwdriver, and a guitar pick and prepare to brake open this baby. (Already did it once to change the thermal paste might have to go ahead and do it again.)
Only see half of my ram so 4 instead of 8
Battery Stats
Sleep
Brightness Control

~This is a 16" Mobile Studio Pro 250GB version

Attachments

• 20180923_004742.jpg
    20180923_004742.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.