Contribute
Register

What about these HP Z XEON machines that are like $400 and as powerful as 9900k builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z790 UD AX
CPU
i7-13700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
There are a ton of older HP Z series machines (z800, z820 etc) that are either single or even dual xeon, and usually come with a ton of RAM for like 4-500 dollars. Some of these score the same, or even higher than modern 9900k builds, but I can find very little on compatibility. Does anyone know which one of these would be hackintoshable?

There are a ton of older HP Z series machines (z800, z820 etc) that are either single or even dual xeon, and usually come with a ton of RAM for like 4-500 dollars. Some of these score the same, or even higher than modern 9900k builds, but I can find very little on compatibility. Does anyone know which one of these would be hackintoshable?

Not very much but if you do a search you can find some stuff, there are some post about Success:

This is a guide for z600 so it might help.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-hp-z600-high-sierra-installation-guide.248026/

I would guess you would want to read just about every z800 post and see if you can get enough information together to get a system up and running. You could also use a bare metal VM with Linux as the host.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back