MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi,

I'm interested to buy the Surface Go, as I already own an hackintosh and early 2013 15" Retina I'm looking for a very light machine to do backups and very light Lightroom editing on the field.

Do you know if the Surface Go will be compatible with High Sierra ? At least for the CPU, graphics and chipset/USB-C connector.

Here are the specs: https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/pentium_gold/4415y
CPU: Processeur Intel® Pentium® Gold 4415Y
GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 615

Thanks !

Emeric

Hi,

I'm interested to buy the Surface Go, as I already own an hackintosh and early 2013 15" Retina I'm looking for a very light machine to do backups and very light Lightroom editing on the field.

Do you know if the Surface Go will be compatible with High Sierra ? At least for the CPU, graphics and chipset/USB-C connector.

Here are the specs: https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/pentium_gold/4415y
CPU: Processeur Intel® Pentium® Gold 4415Y
GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 615

Thanks !

Emeric

HD615 should work.
Problem with the Surface series is non-replaceable WiFi, proprietary keyboard/trackpad, etc.

HD615 should work.
Problem with the Surface series is non-replaceable WiFi, proprietary keyboard/trackpad, etc.

Thanks! Indeed I expected the WiFi to be problematic. I will probably order one to try and report the results here.

By the way thanks for all your work RehabMan !

Thanks! Indeed I expected the WiFi to be problematic. I will probably order one to try and report the results here.

By the way thanks for all your work RehabMan !

FYI: I would NOT suggest any of the Surface for hackintosh.

They make great Windows computers, and poor hackintosh.

FYI: I would NOT suggest any of the Surface for hackintosh.

They make great Windows computers, and poor hackintosh.

Thanks, I will probably stick with Windows...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back