Contribute
Register

What about AMD's R9 Series (280x, 290x) on our Hackintoshes?. Further explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have a r9 280x mavericks 10. 9. 4 clover installation now i can only boot in safe mode this is supposed to be an fcp rig.

z97 deluxe
16 gb ballistix ram
750w psu

Hello everyone! First of all I apologize for the bad English but I'm Italian and I asked for help to my friend Google Translate.. I just installed a new Asus DirectCU II R9270X 4GB on my X58 system with dual monitors Philips 27" 1920 x 1080 - 60Hz and guess what !? It works out of box!! Everything works perfectly, the monitors are connected to the DVI ports and the LuxMark score is 1550.
Let me give you an overview of my system:

Clover Bootloader v. 2890
EVGA X58 3X SLI
I7 920 @ 4.2 GHz with Turbo and Speedstep
Asus DirectCU II 4GB R9270X
16 GB of Memory Corsair XMS3 4x4Gb
SSD Samsung EVO 250 Gb
1x Usb 3 PCIex
Iogear Bluetooth 4.0
2x Monitor Led Philips 273E-LH
Behringer Xenix QX1002USB (Mixer Audio)

No additional driver, no patch but still have not been able to sleep

I use this system for video editing, I worked for a few months with a gtx 680 4Gb .. Really great on Windows but horrible on Mac ..

I want to thank you so much because thanks to your valuable post, after sleepless nights, I managed to get a stable and efficient system for my work.

Thanks everybody

Screenshot Tony.jpg

any brave souls willing to test my config for R9 290x. yes it worked or no and did u have qe/ci thx.must be willing to install clover in uefi for this config. please test on usb key.if u need to edit config use plisteditpro or Xcode.

What's the verdict on the 290X? I've been using 280X but returned them to Amazon and ready to rebuy 280x but willing to try 290X if it's got some sort of support.

any brave souls willing to test my config for R9 290x. yes it worked or no and did u have qe/ci thx.must be willing to install clover in uefi for this config. please test on usb key.if u need to edit config use plisteditpro or Xcode.

Did your 290x work flawlessly?

r9 280x
16gb ram
750w

I have what i think are frame buffer issues and audio output issues. You tube videos freeze and dvd player videos freeze after 10 to 20 seconds.

So I read through whole thread but still confused whether Sapphire radeon r9 290 can work?

MacOSX Yosemite 10.10 has support for AMD R9 290X and 295X... as they are the two GPUs available on the new iMac Retina.

MacOSX Yosemite 10.10 has support for AMD R9 290X and 295X... as they are the two GPUs available on the new iMac Retina.

haha, I was just about to bring this up! This should be added to the OP.

Since new iMac will available with R9 M295 chip, today I did tried to install new Yosemite build to my i7 4790K/Asus Maximus Impact VII/R9 295X2 desktop.

And I can definitely say it's not working. Whole system works very slow, I can't even check some drivers in Multibeast. If switch to CPU video, everything works fine.
I have no experience with video card setup, perhaps there is something what I don't know? R9 295X2 has two GPUs, perhaps it needs some magic to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back