Contribute
Register

What about AMD's R9 Series (280x, 290x) on our Hackintoshes?. Further explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
3. Are you connected to the right port on the GPU. I connect to the DVI port mainly but also use the display port for a second monitor. I could not get three monitors to work no matter what I did.

Hey Rob

It works now, however only via DVI - since my new Monitor only has HDMI, any idea how I convince Yosemite to also accept HDMI? Otherwise I will buy a HDMI-DVI adapter...

thx
Cruchot

Hey Rob

It works now, however only via DVI - since my new Monitor only has HDMI, any idea how I convince Yosemite to also accept HDMI? Otherwise I will buy a HDMI-DVI adapter...

thx
Cruchot

Sorry none of my monitors have HDMI, I only use DVI so have never tried the HDMI port.

So not much help,

Rob

Hey Rob

thx
Cruchot

Which framebuffer are you using? I'd suggest you to try it without injecting a specific framebuffer (=> GE=No). OSX will then fall back to the default RadeonFramebuffer, which should normally work an all ports flawless on recent OS X versions.

I've checked the whole internet but won't find a positive post about triple monitor. Not sure if it will work, and can't test it

i did write it in other thread about 3 displays, maybe you didn't search thoroughly

you have two choices according to my experimentation with 3 displays. I do not have active adapter so your experience might be different.

osx 10.9.5/10.10.3
booting through EFI partition
displays connected through mDP, DVI, HDMI (i have one more mDP empty)
MSI 280x
GE=No
2x24"monitors 1920x1200, HDMI TV 1920x1080

1) boot with three displays connected to 280x gpu, only one comes up. put computer to sleep. after wake, all three are working.

2) boot with integrated gpu, and other two displays connected to two ports on 280x gpu. after OsX loads, all three are working

I'm using option 1, as that worked for me better while rendering in FCPX in the past (10.9.1). Later, i did find out option 2 works now the same way (used to be slower in fcpx) but all my setup already works so i don't mess with it (also my color corrected profiles work on that setup). I plan on getting active adapter, that way i guess i could use 3 monitors right away. The problem is that you should use HDMI or DVI and rest should be on mDP. It is surprising my setup works, because many threads mention that one must choose DVI or HDMI. Guess that sleep trick solves it all.

I just went through this entire fourm and others. I purchased a 290x inserted into the system but my computer won't even show a startup screen (via DVI or HDMI). I booted with my GTX670 changed to system def 5,1 and then changed the card hoping it would at least startup and give me some sort of kext error on startup. BUT my system won't even get that far. This doesn't make any sense. Any ideas?

Gigabyte X79 UD3
i7 3930k
16GB RAM at 1600

I just went through this entire fourm and others. I purchased a 290x inserted into the system but my computer won't even show a startup screen (via DVI or HDMI). I booted with my GTX670 changed to system def 5,1 and then changed the card hoping it would at least startup and give me some sort of kext error on startup. BUT my system won't even get that far. This doesn't make any sense. Any ideas?

Gigabyte X79 UD3
i7 3930k
16GB RAM at 1600

Your post really has nothing to do with Buying Advice.
Perhaps you should post in a section more suited to your issue.

When you changed your system definition to a MacPro5,1 did you remember to delete the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext ?

Depending on the boot loader that you are using this guide may apply to your situation :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/115818-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back