Contribute
Register

wfj's Temjin Build: MSI Z68MA-ED55(B3)/i5 2500K/XFX 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the guide, I made almost the same hack and is working expectacular, although I have only one problem:

When I connect something like a mouse or a PEndrive in the USB 3.0 ports works fine, but when I try to unplugged It gets me a kernel panic and I have to restart the Hackintosh.

I have tried installing the USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas from the multibest and didn't work.

I have in my hack:
- Z68MA D2H B3
- i5 2500k
- 4gb ram kingstone Hiperx
- Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Thanks

Hello !

The reason I'm writing, was your review and encouragement for MSI Z68A-ED55. I've been running 10.7.x for over 1.5 year with great success, but always wanted to run hdmi + dvi on my MSI 6850. Yesterday I've totally break up the system, because of KP's after upgrading uefi to the newest (stock).

Now I'm trying to achieve best (as much native, as it can be) 10.8 ML config on my system, so I'm looking for a modified BIOS. Would You be so kind, to point me, where I can get proper file/send one ? :)

Thanks, Cheers !
Peter

great build..I´m considering buying the MSI board, too. I also have the same XFX 6870..

are you currently running ML on this machine, have you tested it ?

Anyone try 10.9 with this board? Looking to do a fresh Hackintosh install, I'm working with this motherboard, an Nvidia GT 430, and an i7 2600k.

Has anyone tried this board out with OS X 10.9? I just ordered one to replace my MSI P67A-C43 so that I can put my system into a smaller case.

The board I have now works perfectly with 10.9 and this board has the same audio/network chips, as well as a similar BIOS so hopefully things work well.

Did you ever get a response? I have an older MSI Z68MA motherboard that I am considering building a Yosemite system around, but am not sure if it will be a waste of time or not...

Hey WFJ -> do you still have your MSI system up and running?

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back