Contribute
Register

wfj's Temjin Build: MSI Z68MA-ED55(B3)/i5 2500K/XFX 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spyrie said:
wfj,
Thanks for the awesome write-up on this build. It's the reason I finally pulled the trigger on trying to make a hack. I've obviously got a ton of reading to do before my parts arrive this week :crazy:
Wish me luck!

Good luck! Just PM me or post here if you need any help during installation...I highly recommend minimal Multibeast use for this specific configuration. Also, get ahold of samisnake to get the modified BIOS for the board (makes things simpler).

Here is the thread for that:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=54196

Congrats! Realy nice buil and very detailed :clap: Enjoy your Hack!

wfj said:
denisberea said:
Congrats! Realy nice buil and very detailed :clap: Enjoy your Hack!

Thanks! Actually, it's been sold and became a windows system, but I do have one more of the same motherboard:)
...that "W" word again :crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry to hear that-that U sold it...and the "W" word :cry: Good luck in making another one better than this one :thumbup:

Hi wfj, thanks for the quality build. I've got all the parts and followed your guide exactly. However, here's what I got:
-Lion 10.7.2 was installed successfully
-Before install Multibeast and Chameleon, cannot boot into the system directly, use the installation USB drive to boot is working.
-After install Multibeast and Chameleon, cannot boot into the system directly, now, cannot boot with installation USB drive either. Stuck on the apple screen, the wheel runs and the upper half of the screen turns black with blue and red strips. I've change the speedster to 10.7.2 other options are exact as in the post.

Appreciate your help and guidance!

rdsxe said:
Hi wfj, thanks for the quality build. I've got all the parts and followed your guide exactly. However, here's what I got:
-Lion 10.7.2 was installed successfully
-Before install Multibeast and Chameleon, cannot boot into the system directly, use the installation USB drive to boot is working.
-After install Multibeast and Chameleon, cannot boot into the system directly, now, cannot boot with installation USB drive either. Stuck on the apple screen, the wheel runs and the upper half of the screen turns black with blue and red strips. I've change the speedster to 10.7.2 other options are exact as in the post.

Appreciate your help and guidance!

Are you using the exact same hardware (vid card, etc.)? How are you connected to your monitor? Generally speaking, I would run the 10.7.3 combo update when you first get to the desktop before installing chameleon and multibeast. Try doing the install again and see what happens.

Wjf?I've got the exact parts apart from the video card, I couldn't get the exact video card. As was told by the vendor that the model in your post was stopped production. So I got a XFX Double D HD-687A-CDFC Radeon HD 6870 900M 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 card, and no liquid cooling, but a fan less passive heatsink, and not the same PSU.

The video was connected through a DVI-HDMI cable to a HD TV with a resolution of 1370x780(not exact figures), which made it work as a home PC or so.

the 1st attempt:
still on the 10.7.2 system, installed Multibeast and Chameleon as instructed (speed stepper selection changed to 10.7.2), cannot boot into system, displayed error message:
boot0:GPT
boot0:test
boot0:error

boot with the installation USB drive, right after passed wheel the screen turned into black, and after a few seconds, the TV lost signal (turned blue and display no input signal message).

the 2nd attempt:
fresh installation, updated with 10.7.3 combo, installed Multibeast and Chameleon, but without the "Graphic enabler" in the Chameleon. couldn't boot directly showed message:

boot with the installation USB drive, same thing happened with lost signal.

what should I try next? thanks for the help.

I made a mistake in the last post, should be as follows:

the 2nd attempt:
fresh installation, updated with 10.7.3 combo, installed Multibeast and Chameleon, but without the "Graphic enabler" in the Chameleon. couldn't boot directly showed message:

boot with the installation USB drive, could boot into the system.

with the "Graphic enabler" selected, when boot with the installation USB drive, same thing happened with lost signal.

rdsxe said:
I made a mistake in the last post, should be as follows:

the 2nd attempt:

boot with the installation USB drive, could boot into the system.

with the "Graphic enabler" selected, when boot with the installation USB drive, same thing happened with lost signal.

It's your hard drive that is the problem. You most likely have a model with 4K sectors.

wjf?thanks for the advice. Everything works?even the sleep works perfectly!

I really enjoy this quality build, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back