Contribute
Register

wfj's Temjin Build: MSI Z68MA-ED55(B3)/i5 2500K/XFX 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASUS (USB-N13) Wireless-N USB Adapter IEEE 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Up to 300Mbps Wireless Data Rates

This is great, I had one that cost me like 80 bucks and its dead now. I'm using the cable right now, but, will definitely keep in mind for when I get far.

set the RAM to XMP for memory timings.

Whats the benefit for doing this?

Thanks wfj

wfj, try to use FintekF718x.kext because Z68MA-ED55 has Fintek F71889AD chip - you should be able to read fan speed and voltages.

It would look like mine:
HW.png

oswaldini said:
wfj, try to use FintekF718x.kext because Z68MA-ED55 has Fintek F71889AD chip - you should be able to read fan speed and voltages.

It would look like mine:
HW.png

Thanks for that information. I've been trying to figure out what each of the kexts in that package do exactly. It would be nice if they included a txt file with a quick explanation.

oswaldini said:

It would look like mine:
HW.png

Very strange but the HWMonitor still looks the same for me after installing the Fintek kext. The kext is loaded when I look at the extenstions in system report. Is there anything else needed for this to work?

I will also try the older version (fakesmc 4 instead of 4.1) and see what happens.

Edit - I figured out what was going on. There are two branches of the HWSensors code and I was using files from Slice not Kozlek. I tried Kozlek's installer pkg but got a KP after rebooting. Going to try the installer from the Slice's branch and see what happens.

Edit 2 - I ended up using Kozlek's version of HWSensors with a fresh install. The only thing that looks wrong is the cpu voltage is incorrect with this MSI board. If you want to try this out, read this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=275429

The installer program can be downloaded here:

https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors/downloads

I installed this on my P55A-UD3 system and it works great. Here is the what you get:

Screen%2520Shot%25202012-03-21%2520at%25201.24.21%2520PM.png

6870 works OOB?

or options in Multibest or driver?

Hey Wfj...
can you test the firewire port using an audio card? I would want definitively to know if the firewire chip marked "Via" work perfectly on osx like the Texas Instruments chip !
Thanks if you can make this test!
;)

fwood said:
Hey Wfj...
can you test the firewire port using an audio card? I would want definitively to know if the firewire chip marked "Via" work perfectly on osx like the Texas Instruments chip !
Thanks if you can make this test!
;)

I have no way to do that, sorry. The general recommendation is that if firewire is critical for your usage, get an aftermarket card with a TI chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back