Contribute
Register

wfj's 600T White Build: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3/i7 2600K/GTX 570

Status
Not open for further replies.
minamiyuki said:
Hi wfj's!!
:eek: Amazingly cool! Currently lurking, but when saw this post is like my finish rig look! I've already same graphite series white case , i'm very curious with firewire port in front of case panel, and you already done your rig, so is that firewire port fully working? If working, is delivered speed like firewire 800 or 400? Thanks before and sorry for my bad english ;)

I actually don't own any firewire devices...sorry!

Hey wfj,

I have a build very similar to yours, same MB, ram, and nearly same video card (560ti). I have a i5-2500 instead of 2600k.

I ran into a number of problems, basically running into an unusably slow system after running the unibeast installer, and first booting into lion. Did you run into any similar problems? Here's the thread I created to discuss my issue:

viewtopic.php?f=169&t=63294

Thanks!

I didn't have any issues at all. I read through your thread and I'm not sure what to think...perhaps it has something to do with 10.7.4 on the initial installation? You shouldn't have any trouble with that graphics card. Do you have any way of doing a 10.7.3 install?

Not sure if I have a way to do 10.7.3 -- can't find a way to download an older version. I did try redownloading Lion in the first place, and I got some error, which I was able to fix. It is possible (although unlikely) the original download was corrupted, so I'm going to try creating a new usb disk from scratch.

Which slot did you put your usb stick in the back? This motherboard has usb 3.0 ports and also those red usb ports that say '3x turbo.' I've tried both. I've also tried my front ports.

Hi WFJ,

your build inspired me for another white build #2. But I also simply like the white case ;)

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=63382

Thx, Cheers and much beers!
TL01

Hi!
Thanks for so great build and step by step guide!
I'm gonna try to build my first one and wanna do the same to yours. Almost ready to buy all the components, but the question is - will this build work on Ivy Bridge rrocessor? And is this card good for Final Cut Pro and Avid editing systems?

Sorry, maybe the question is funny, but I'm a real amatuer )))

Thanks!

Very nice build! I have almost the same equipment... Looks I finally found my case! That sucker is awesome. You know what would be nice though? It's too bad MOBO manufacturers don't build motherboards with all connectors on the back of the board so that case companies can build cases to support those boards. Wouldn't it be nice if all connectors such as power, sata, front panel, usb etc etc... were on the back of the board? That would make for some kinda clean install...

I was wondering if you already upgraded the system to Mountain Lion?

My system is almost the same as yours except I do have a NVidia GTX 560 Ti instead of your 570, so if you would like to share how you upgraded it would be very useful for upgrading my system :)

Hey man, I just ordered the same motherboard and I already have a CPU (i7 2600k) and a GPU (MSI GTX 570). I was wondering if there's any difference between your GPU (EVGA) and mine (MSI) in terms of compatibility? I don't really want to buy another GPU right now. Let me know what you think! Also, did you enter any commands before entering the installation like PCIRootUID=0 or GraphicsEnabler=No?

wfj,

Did you test to see if you've got OpenCL working? ...running LuxMark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back