Contribute
Register

We've Upgraded tonymacx86.com!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have issues with the new format. The password has to be remembered in Safari not once, but several times, to get to post, and every time I sign in Safari does not autocomplete, so I have to writer username and password always. The password is stored in the browser, it seems, but this does not help. Is this a bug?

I have issues with the new format. The password has to be remembered in Safari not once, but several times, to get to post, and every time I sign in Safari does not autocomplete, so I have to writer username and password always. The password is stored in the browser, it seems, but this does not help. Is this a bug?
What version of Safari are you using? I've found that Safari won't auto-fill any passwords for me with the newest version on any site, and I usually have to click on the little "key" icon in the password field so it enters my saved password.

Sorry for your issues- I can't duplicate that bug- Safari remembers my information each time.

The site is much faster now.
Two things I'm missing:

1. in my account under "Conversations" -> "View Conversations" I'm missing the most of them. Only five conversations are listet. Will they come back or is the list lost now? This list was always a good help for me as a starting point to look for changes in the threads I wrote.

2. there is (since bevor the new site) a bug in the poping up selection menu under "Settings" -> "Edit Built Signature" -> "Motherboard:". There are some of the newer Skylake chipsets missing (and so I can not select somesing meaningfull like HM110 or so), but there are multiple instances for meaningless entries like "mATX" or so. It would help if there would be functional entries.See picture:
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Fixed the issue you saw with motherboard chipsets (also fixed it with CPUs since it was doing something similar there).
Oh, fast!
Now there are just missing some modern chipset variants like H110, B150, Q150, and Q170 ;)

Thanks for all.
The site is much faster now!:clap:

Hello, first post here & congrats for the brand new site engine!

Did you try Chrome? Some of your external resources (ex: search icon) not being loaded correctly due restricted cross origin policy (Safari also a webkit based but seem not to complain). Here what I can advice, you can pick one:

Since you already have own font resources on server, loading font-awesome from CDN no longer needed. You can delete this line from header, load it from own server:

Code:
<link href="//maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.5.0/css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet">

Or by completely load it from external, delete unused resources from server, & applying some rules from htaccess, described here:

Code:
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------
# Webfont access
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------
# Allow access from all domains for webfonts.
# Alternatively you could only whitelist your
# subdomains like "subdomain.example.com".
<IfModule mod_headers.c>
  <FilesMatch "\.(ttf|ttc|otf|eot|woff|font.css|css)$">
    Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
  </FilesMatch>
</IfModule>

Last edited:
Congrats!
Excellent Job, It´s not easy to make new changes. :)

Since you already have own font resources on server, loading font-awesome from CDN no longer needed. You can delete this line from header, load it from own server:

I switched to our locally hosted font awesome CSS files (I prefer that so I can update them more easily). Let me know if you see anything weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back