i5-10500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
EDIT: Price has gone up ten dollars since May 23rd. Still a great deal for a speedy NVME drive.

These are nearly as fast as the Samsung 970 EVO Plus drives but cost a lot less. 55 dollars less. Great warranty support too.
https://www.newegg.com/western-digital-black-sn750-nvme-500gb/p/N82E16820250109?
1590279530533.png
Screen Shot 5.jpg

Last edited:
These are nearly as fast as the Samsung 970 EVO Plus drives but cost a lot less.[/NEWEGG]

Yes they cost a lot less but only the Read is nearly as fast, and the write well it is incosistnat speed at best. The Samsung produces almost identical results time after time.

The WD sometimes tests at 2000ish MB and sometimes it down around 1000mb on the write side.

It cost much less and so far reliable always been a big fan of WD. I use the WD as a boot drive and the Samsung for my active projects.

WD SN:

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 10.44.24 PM.png

Last edited:
I use the WD as a boot drive and the Samsung for my active projects.
Sounds like the best approach to use it as the boot drive and then something like a Samsung 970 Pro for a scratch drive. Those will handle constant writing to the drive much better. Thanks for that tip.

Last edited:
Sounds like the best approach to use it as the boot drive and then something like a Samsung 970 Pro for a scratch drive. Those will handle constant writing to the drive much better. Thanks for that tip.

So I am lame and both drives in my system are WD neither of the Samsung plus are in a M2 slot if my CPU arrives tomorrow I should be able to check out the speed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back