Contribute
Register

Went from Lion to mavericks, did not work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 Motherboard
CPU
intel i5-2400 3.10 ghz
Graphics
Gigabyte GV-R577SO-1GD
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

On this guide, I got to step 6. Then I skipped a-j, as I was using lion.When I installed mavericks, I installed it onto the hard drive for lion (existing install). Then, I rebooted, to do multibeast (step 4 of post installation using multibeast) and booted on lion. It failed to boot, and gave a black screen with text. Please help!

---Using time machine, I do have a backup from maybe a month before, so it would be nice to transfer the data, if a normal fix isn't possible!---

Thank You.

Try booting from your mavericks installer disc/USB drive, then choose your new mavericks Drive to get to multi beast.

I think it is has the same black screen... Maybe I should boot in safe mode or verbose?

Worth a try, use the flags they recommend on the installation tutorial and in the forums. I think the help "?" shows them too when you're in the boot loader

got the same problem
i tried any flag i know
none works it gets to a black screen and computer seem to be stuck

any ideas?

Me too - but then I tried "GraphicsEnabler=Yes". By default in Mavericks it's set to "No", which is different from previous versions of OSX. Worth a shot if you haven't already.

it'd be nice to know what specs your running.

it'd be nice to know what specs your running.

Me? Check the signature... happy to provide any more info than that if requested.

PHP:
i solved my problem with arch=x86_64

I have intel core i5, a gigabyte motherboard and gigabyte overclocked graphics chip... Now, when I boot in safe mode, it gives a black screen without text. I will try the other flags.

- - - Updated - - -

should I use the "arch..." as a flag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back