Contribute
Register

Well, this is scary "Your Computer Isn't Yours"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to argue just saying I did not see that it was expressly prohibited maybe you could point me at the rule just so I know I am not crazy.
It's something that Tonymacx86, the site founder has mentioned numerous times. Even if it's not in print on the rules page, consider it a friendly reminder of what this site is about. It should be clear it's only about installing and running macOS on x86-64 computers. That's it.

From Apple's official statement:
Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 6.42.42 AM.png

Please see source for much more info:https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

Also:

It's something that Tonymacx86, the site founder has mentioned numerous times. Even if it's not in print on the rules page, consider it a friendly reminder of what this site is about. It should be clear it's only about installing macOS on x86 computers. That's it.
I have seen very few posts from tonymacx86 and definitely not one about either of those subjects but I take your word for it. However, not everything on this board is about installing macOS on x86 including the subject of this here topic!

Was this added/updated recently? Just curious if it was changed due to people crying!

The article is dated Nov. 30th so probably in response to the hit piece. However, if you consider that they won't even be implementing the encryption until next year, it seems pretty low priority.

Again, the data transmitted is pretty useless and anyone "collecting" the data is probably wasting disk space, but encrypted useless data is better than unencrypted useless data, I suppose...

Last edited:
It's something that Tonymacx86, the site founder has mentioned numerous times. Even if it's not in print on the rules page, consider it a friendly reminder of what this site is about. It should be clear it's only about installing and running macOS on x86-64 computers. That's it.
thank you for letting us know. if so, it won't happen again.
again, my apologies.

The article is dated Nov. 30th so probably in response to the hit piece. However, if you consider that they won't even be implementing the encryption until next year, it seems pretty low priority.

Again, the data transmitted is pretty useless and anyone "collecting" the data is probably wasting disk space, but encrypted useless data is better than unencrypted useless data, I suppose...
The IP address was really the only worth while info and only if you are into doing shady things!

The IP address was really the only worth while info and only if you are into doing shady things!

Yeah and they've already stopped logging IP so that was much higher priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back