Contribute
Register

Well, this is scary "Your Computer Isn't Yours"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tell my wife all the time those words are not profanity they are sentence enhancers. She totally get angry with me, If I talked here like I do in real life I would have been baned a long time ago.

I'll never understand the coddling of the public in this regard. Can you imagine what movies and TV shows would be like without profanity???

Because I do not care if you, Cupertino, the people here on this forum, the hackers in Russia, Korea, China, the Gang the us government calls the NSA get any of my data. When my phone or Mac OS gives me the prompt do you want to provide developer data to help improve stuff I click YES. I have nothing that I care to keep private; I do not have nude pictures of my wife; I am not a big picture taking person; most of the memories that I might have are posted online from my friends anyways or stored in my memory (I forget almost nothing); Since children I am no longer wild and party all the time; I do not plan to be in politics so blackmail is not in my future! However if I was worried about any of those things they would be on a Laptop with the wifi card removed and the ethernet driver not installed. For as long as I can remember people have jumped up and down about privacy, then social media came and everyone stopped caring and started posting everything about their life for everyone to see.
fine, but I was talking about something that has nothing to do with privacy now, nor with that guy who dropped that bomb. Did you read my post?
why making all these processes depend from a server that has already caused issues, when it can be done in a different way, I'm sure?

Because I do not care if you, Cupertino, the people here on this forum, the hackers in Russia, Korea, China, the Gang the us government calls the NSA get any of my data. When my phone or Mac OS gives me the prompt do you want to provide developer data to help improve stuff I click YES. I have nothing that I care to keep private; I do not have nude pictures of my wife; I am not a big picture taking person; most of the memories that I might have are posted online from my friends anyways or stored in my memory (I forget almost nothing); Since children I am no longer wild and party all the time; I do not plan to be in politics so blackmail is not in my future! However, if I was worried about any of those things they would be on a Laptop with the wifi card removed and the ethernet driver not installed. For as long as I can remember people have jumped up and down about privacy, then social media came and everyone stopped caring and started posting everything about their life for everyone to see.

I mean it is not like I am even hiding behind a Screen name!
same here. I don't have anything like pictures that could be a matter of embarrassment. Neither my messages. And I also have no political ambition. personally, I could send u all my library contents with no problem. but I was trying to talk about something different

Because I do not care if you, Cupertino, the people here on this forum, the hackers in Russia, Korea, China, the Gang the us government calls the NSA get any of my data. When my phone or Mac OS gives me the prompt do you want to provide developer data to help improve stuff I click YES. I have nothing that I care to keep private; I do not have nude pictures of my wife; I am not a big picture taking person; most of the memories that I might have are posted online from my friends anyways or stored in my memory (I forget almost nothing); Since children I am no longer wild and party all the time; I do not plan to be in politics so blackmail is not in my future! However, if I was worried about any of those things they would be on a Laptop with the wifi card removed and the ethernet driver not installed. For as long as I can remember people have jumped up and down about privacy, then social media came and everyone stopped caring and started posting everything about their life for everyone to see.

I mean it is not like I am even hiding behind a Screen name!

Look at the stuff in question here...
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 6.38.38 AM.png

Whenever a person uses a credit card or an ATM, they know the date, time, city, state, and card number that was used.
Whenever a person uses a cellphone to make a phone call or text, they know the date time, city, state, phone, and phone number that was used.

What's "private" about this stuff?

If a person really wants to be a ghost like Jason Bourne or something, he/she must only use cash, burner phones, and should only connect to the internet from internet cafes (if they still exist). And, even then, they managed to find him...

Edit:
I wanted to add that with credit cards and cellphones, there are no options to opt out of this data being collected.

Last edited:
fine, but I was talking about something that has nothing to do with privacy now, nor with that guy who dropped that bomb. Did you read my post?
why making all these processes depend from a server that has already caused issues, when it can be done in a different way, I'm sure?

Yea I read your post basically if I have nothing I care to keep private then it does not matter if apple collects data over the internet. IF me doing something helps someone else great, if someone else does something that helps me great also. At some point that local data has to be transmitted to apple for them to make things better for everyone.

I'll never understand the coddling of the public in this regard. Can you imagine what movies and TV shows would be like without profanity???
No profanity in movies would be like watching TV in the 50's or what is still major networks primetime. They made a joke about it in ultron Avengers movie. However, it is a little un-nerving when your 7 year old walks in the house and trips and the words "Mother F***ER" come out of his mouth.

No profanity in movies would be like watching TV in the 50's or what is still major networks primetime. They made a joke about it in ultron Avengers movie. However, it is a little un-nerving when your 7 year old walks in the house and trips and the words "Mother F***ER" come out of his mouth.

Yeah, Samuel L. Jackson has made a career out of his proficient command and use of profanity.

Whenever a person uses a credit card or an ATM, they know the date, time, city, state, and card number that was used.
Whenever a person uses a cellphone to make a phone call or text, they know the date time, city, state, phone, and phone number that was used.

What's "private" about this stuff?
Edit:
I wanted to add that with credit cards and cellphones, there are no options to opt out of this data being collected.

This is my point exactly I came to terms a long time again that nothing was private that the thought of privacy was an illusion. Even Ghosts can be found eventually.

Last edited:
Yeah, Samuel L. Jackson has made a career out of his proficient command and use of profanity.
“AK-47, the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherf****er in the room, accept no substitutes.”

We better watch out we going to get moderated for jumping the track!

Yea I read your post basically if I have nothing I care to keep private then it does not matter if apple collects data over the internet. IF me doing something helps someone else great, if someone else does something that helps me great also. At some point that local data has to be transmitted to apple for them to make things better for everyone.
I see your point. I agree. If all that can be fundamental to improve technology, I'd be willing to cooperate too.
But how could certificate check and malware search help, exactly? It's a serious question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back