Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 G1
CPU
i5-4690K [email protected]
Graphics
RX 480
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Well today my teacher told the class we need to make something custom and nobody else will do it so i am thinking i been hackintoshing for a while and i been collecting scrape parts sorry if you say i need it in my profile but i need to say this is not going to be my main machine but these are the specs and i wonder what you can help me

1x Intel Core 2 Quad
1x 4GB DDR3
1x Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
1x 120GB ADATA SSD (I forgot the model still need to find it some were in my house...)
1x GeForce GT 9800 (I been using this card this is actually my first GPU and i tried to use it in a hackintosh before and it seems to work fine in clover and hope it will help out)
1x ASUS N-13 (I Have a Extra USB Dongle somewhere but for now i am going to use my brothers)
1x Random Cooler i cant remember but it is a Zalman i am going to install this after i bring it home because i guess a Dell Cooler will be enough since i am just going to do stuff well Yea But i might install it since the thing is going to be running benchmarks to show how awesome is it :p o_O

1 HUGE ETHERNET CABLED :p (Teachers wont allow me to use PowerLine lol)
1 Keyboard
1 Mouse
1 Clover USB Mac OS X Yosemite (El Capitan is still buggy so i am staying away from it)
1 HUGE POWER STRIP (Well this will be awesome since i am not the one paying for power!)
1 Cheap Dell Monitor (I Guess the Computer Teacher will be kind enough for me to borrow it:p)

Now i am missing a case and power supply and i found one on NCIX Canada called the CoolerMaster Elite 350 and it comes with a 500W PSU (It cooler master what can go wrong?)

And this computer will be brought back home

and i am going to use it for school use it will be in my room chilling and i am going to have a cheap setup in my room but not that good as my Desktop in my main rig but good enough

Tell me what you think and can i hackintosh it since i dont want to be the one bringing stuff to school and it dosnt work after that will be sad D:

And i need help about it does anyone know?

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure what your waiting on, to me it seems like a case of assembly and see if it boots, if it does then load the clover boot loader with the default installation Kexts and see if it works.
if you want to make sure everything will work before buying the psu and case, simply assemble the mobo and parts laying flat on a cardboard shipping box outside your main pc, remove the power plugs from your main PC's PSU and plug them into your test pc.
*Warning*
Don't touch your mobo after you hook up the psu, not so much because you'll get shocked but because the mobo doesn't have a ground without being in a case so bad things can happen to you and the components if you touch any part if the setup after the PSU is plugged into the test PC.

Well I found the name of the ssd I am using it is called the ADATA S510 120GB and I am worried because OS X says it is a SATA Drive and the reason I am worried is it going to defrag and is TRIM allowed to be enable because in system report it dosnt say it's a SSD and could it be a problem because it is connected to a SATA 2 slot or the SATA Cable because I am scared do much it boots every thing works only when I boot off of the SSD it stops for a minute hangs then show then I can boot I am a little confused

Sata is simply the interface you are using to connect the hdd to your motherboard, perfectly normal. As far as trim being auto enabled, from what I read that's only for apple brand ssd's. Defrag is a windows thing.
Your hang on boot is likely everything getting initialized, with a faster CPU, ram, and an ssd this is likely to be almost instant given there are no errors, while slower systems will take longer to get the ball rolling causing it to hang.
It's when the system hangs and throws errors or locks up/reboots that you have a real problem.

As a rule of thumb if I'm installing a new os I always reset the motherboards bios settings back to factory default, this way you eliminate a ton of possibilities as to why your system may be acting weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back