Contribute
Register

Welcome to the new HP Probook 4530s Subforum :)

russdyer said:

Looking on the list of hardware, it should work except the Realtek WiFi won't.. You need to find one with Atheros WiFi card, or replace the card with the correct part after you get the laptop. I'm not sure if a non-HP provided Atheros card will work because the BIOS may have a wifi card lock (disables cards that HP doesn't provide themselves..).

Hey Everyone.

I am sitting here in awe typing on my newly purchased 4530s on lion. Just wanted to send a thank you out to those that contributed to making this such a painless process.

I was involved in the OSX86 scene about 3 years ago rocking the ECS 945GCT-M/1333, a Core 2 Due E6600 and a 9500GT video card. I was looking for a new laptop and by chance came across Tony's Blog post concerning the 4530s and figured - what the hell.

Very happy with the purchase and the level of support on this forum.

Again, thank you for all the great info.

Great Topic!

Is there any possibility to check which WiFi card is installed?

As I am based in Austria, I am looking at those two:
http://geizhals.at/677244 HP ProBook 4530s, Core i3-2330M 2.20GHz, 4096MB, 320GB, Windows 7 Home Premium (LW862EA/A1D34EA)
http://geizhals.at/681986 HP ProBook 4530s, Core i5-2410M 2.30GHz, 4096MB, 500GB, IGP, Windows 7 Professional (A1F93ES)

Why can't there be a consistency in the part numbers?! :evil:

Any suggestions?

Best, Tika

do the AMD Radeon HD 6490M 1GB in the 4530s i5 works now or not?
i read different opinions and I'm about to buy one

tikakan said:
Great Topic!

Is there any possibility to check which WiFi card is installed?

Best, Tika

does not matter, you can swap for a Atheros and cost 18 EURO with free shipping from HP.

tikakan said:
Thats good news. Any idea if the ProBook has a lock for HP WiFi cards?

It does depend.

xequtor said:

No, but you can just disable it, and use the hd 3000 which is present in all models.

blueking said:
xequtor said:

No, but you can just disable it, and use the hd 3000 which is present in all models.

do you thing will be possible in near (or far) future to make it work?
Just need to make a decision if buy one with i5 2450M, Radeon 1GB / USB 3.0 just don't know if make sense to spend the extra $$$ or just buy a low end, I don't need it for Windows just a replacement for my Black C2D MacBook and may HackDesktop

Back