Contribute
Register

Welcome to the new HP Probook 4530s Subforum :)

HI Guys , first i wanna say Great Job !!!!!

And now my question :

Is there a difference between the Notebook Models you posted and the in Germany available models :

US:
HP ProBook 4530s - XU015UT
HP ProBook 4530s -XU018UT
HP ProBook 4530s - LJ475UT

DE:(Hp ProBooks in Germany Available Models)

HP ProBook 4530s LW862EA
HP ProBook 4530s LW837EA
HP ProBook 4530s (LH297EA)
Link ->
http://www.notebooksbilliger.de/adv...HP+ProBook+Produkte&utm_term=hp+probook+4530s

Before i buy one of this cuties i would like to hear your advice :)

THX

Soon I'll recieve XU015UT.
Does anyone could tell me if it could be possible change the cpu with i7?
BKRibbs, you're the master here, what would you say?

rickcore said:
Thanks for this great project.

I'm running the latest Lion's version under core i7.

The Radeon is not working.

This is the output:

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/539221

:)

Radeon is known not to work.

oligator said:

And now my question :

Is there a difference between the Notebook Models you posted and the in Germany available models :

US:

HP ProBook 4530s LW862EA
HP ProBook 4530s LW837EA
Link ->
http://www.notebooksbilliger.de/adv...HP+ProBook+Produkte&utm_term=hp+probook+4530s

THX

All sandy bridge models should work. Only problem can be the wireless. If not the atheros, you need to replace it.

giacomoleopardo said:

You need to check out the upgrade thread and see. I have no clue what might work. I know someone was considering it.

blueking said:
You need to check out the upgrade thread and see. I have no clue what might work. I know someone was considering it.

Thanks man!

blueking said:
rickcore said:
Thanks for this great project.

I'm running the latest Lion's version under core i7.

The Radeon is not working.

This is the output:

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/539221

:)

Radeon is known not to work.

oligator said:

And now my question :

US:

HP ProBook 4530s LW862EA
HP ProBook 4530s LW837EA
Link ->

THX

All models should work. Only problem can be the wireless. If not the atheros, you need to replace it.

giacomoleopardo said:

I think maybe you should edit the post slightly to make sure someone doesn't make the incorrect assumption.
All models with the intel i* processor should work........
There's been a few people asking about older probooks without the i processors in the forum

Re: 10.6.8 Combo Update

I can boot into my Snow Leopard install: 10.6.nada (AFAIK)
using iBoot (on a DVD-RW) and SL on a (DVD-DL)
I cant remember whether i had to use PCIRootUID=1 but i think i did use it
I followed all the instructions i could find related to installing the 10.6.8 update,
using UpdateHelper, 4530s Installer, MultiBeast/DSDT .aml (i think i did it right)

Combo Update repeatedly crashes at ~90%, but even if it completes, it breaks my installation. Whats going on here? Im having trouble finding specific posts having this issue
any help is welkome :banghead:

I will post specific kernel panics etc once i try it again. after spending a weekend trying to get this to work, i ended up having to reinstall w7 in order to have my laptop working, and the damn installer reverted my partition scheme to MBR, so im back to square 1 atm

Re: 10.6.8 Combo Update

enkidu said:
I can boot into my Snow Leopard install: 10.6.nada (AFAIK)
using iBoot (on a DVD-RW) and SL on a (DVD-DL)
I cant remember whether i had to use PCIRootUID=1 but i think i did use it
I followed all the instructions i could find related to installing the 10.6.8 update,
using UpdateHelper, 4530s Installer, MultiBeast/DSDT .aml (i think i did it right)

Combo Update repeatedly crashes at ~90%, but even if it completes, it breaks my installation. Whats going on here? Im having trouble finding specific posts having this issue
any help is welkome :banghead:

I will post specific kernel panics etc once i try it again. after spending a weekend trying to get this to work, i ended up having to reinstall w7 in order to have my laptop working, and the damn installer reverted my partition scheme to MBR, so im back to square 1 atm

install from the dvd, run update helper (downloadable from this site) REBOOT!!! Run the 10.6.8 combo update then before restarting use the probook installer from the install guide and you should be good to go.
Be sure to choose the correct install options from the installer especially the correct dsdt for your bios version. (it's a good idea to check the version before installing if you aren't sure which you are currently using).

Please look in the 10.7.2 laptop probook forum under the snowleopard install guide for full instructions and post there if you are still having difficulties.

Back