Contribute
Register

Welcome to the new HP Probook 4530s Subforum :)

hi - i am thinking about getting the 4530s with AMD graphics card. is there a dsdt for this and has anyone got the graphics card to work? (i am not sure where to look specifically for this info as there seem to be so many branches to this thread)
thank you in advance

Hey guys, either card will allow install, but the radeon will have to be disabled.

thank you blueking...when you say it has to be disabled, does that mean it will work but there wont be any QE/QI support or full resolution etc?
do you think it might just be better/safer to buy an intel 3000 i5 version?

Well all the CPU's have the hd 3000 in them. So if you get the Radeon and disable it, it will function the same as if there was just the hd 3000

thank you - one final question - is it difficult to disable the radeon card (a bios option maybe?) and if you dont disable it would it be likely to make the machine crash?

thank you for all the (pre buying) help...i am just about to click the order button

:)

It is just a BIOS option. And after you install you can enable it for use in windows, but it just won't function in OS X.

My first install was a 4530s with only HD3000 video.
Installation was very easy using ProBook installer. Thank you guys!!
However, I now have this 4730s (with ATI 6470M) as I like the big screen but strangely I cannot select to disable the ATI graphics card in the BIOS.
My BIOS was F.09 so I decided to update to F.20, but same here.
Can change about anything in the BIOS but NO video option....
Could there be something I overlooked? Or just simply not work with this ATI 6470M?
Any advise would be welcome.

HP ProBook 4730s LH344EA
System ID: 167C
BIOS: F.20
Video BIOS: INTEL 2089 / ATI 06/19/11
Memory: slot1 4GB / slot2 empty
Sandy Bridge i3-2310M
Manufactured around Aug 2011

I got this model the other day

HP ProBook 4530s - LJ475UT
15.6" LED Notebook
Intel Core i7 2630QM(2.00GHz)
15.6" 4GB Memory DDR3 1333
500GB HDD 7200rpm
DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL
AMD Radeon HD 6490M

Disabled the Radeon graphics card

Upgraded the BIOS to F20 and also upgraded the RAM from 4gb to 16gb

Followed the installation instructions and used the HP pro book installer - most things appear to be working fairly well - wi-fi, card reader slot, bluetooth, ethernet, trackpad (basic gestures), full QE-CI

Problems (I have noticed so far)...everytime the machine starts, the bluetooth set up assistant starts - telling me there is no bluetooth mouse/keyboard connected. There doesn't appear to be a way to switch this off yet? (I assume I could probably disable bluetooth in the bios but I don't really want to do that) The intel 3000 graphics is glitchy - random lines appear on the screen from time to time - seems well documented elsewhere and is being worked on. I have also had complete freezes of the system (both with 4gb ram and 16gb ram configurations) Not sure why this is happening. It has happened when on youtube occasionally and also doing other non internet stuff (like installing programs) I think the sleep function isn't working correctly either.

I haven't tried or tested HDMI audio/video.

Thanks to everyone who has been working on this project.

I hope this feedback is somewhat useful and that the issues I describe will be ironed out in future updates

Back