Contribute
Register

Welcome to the new HP Probook 4530s Subforum :)

*Waiting for pictures of Tony snuggled up to his 4530s.

I am planning on buying a hp probook 4530s (with intel core i5 2430M). I read on the forum that, the bluetooth doesn't work properly. As I was planning on using a magic mouse, can i use an external usb bluetooth dongle and then sync the magic mouse on hp probook 4530s ? sorry for my bad english, i'm not a native speaker.

tonymacx86 said:
titooo said:
If you don't mind I would like to add my model XX967EA.

It's from Spain but I think it's exactly the same than XU015UT and the model number probably only changes because the spanish keyboard.
Maybe it comes preinstalled with a different bios version also (mine is 68SRR Ver. F.05) but I don't think it matters too much.

The wireless on your unit is Ralink 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi y Bluetooth 3.0 + HS combinado.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/es/es/sm ... 80265.html

Most of the models I've seen apparently have Atheros 802.11b/g/n WiFi (1 x 1) and Bluetooth 3.0 + HS Combo or Realtek 802.11b/g/n.

Bought a 4530s (XU015UT#ABA) used my current hackPro desktop to create a Unibeast Lion USB and followed blueking Install procedure. wah-laa HackbookPro with almost everything working, splendid. Actually just gave it away as a Christmas gift to a close friend in need of a laptop with the obvious disclaimers to cloud backup everything possible incase a no boot event occurs in the future.

Giving this gift made me happy yet left a hole in my heart that I didn't know existed. I had only been in possession of the hp hackbookpro for a matter of days but was instantly in love. Some black friday deals crossed my eyes and I couldn't resist. The NEED was low, but the WANT was high. I purchased another 4530s (LJ518UT#ABA) that has a slightly faster processor and a larger HDD. Come to find out, there is one more overlooked difference and that the Wireless/Bluetooth chip.

Included below are images of the actual chips:
1) The working 4530s (XU015UT#ABA) Atheros Chip
Atheros.png
2) The not-currently-supported wifi in the 4530s (LJ518UT#ABA) Realtek Chip
Realtek.png

I'm taking the easy path to a solution and have ordered a Atheros AR5B195 chip to replace the removed realtek one. so for now I'll just stick with what works. I know this is not a new discovery but I thought I could share some additional details and jpegs.

Thanks TonyMac, BKribbs, and all the others supporting this forum

Attachments

• Atheros.png
    Atheros.png
    894.5 KB · Views: 1,027
  • Realtek.png
    Realtek.png
    901.1 KB · Views: 672
ExpressCard

Hi,

is it possible to use a expresscard Firewire 400.
is there someone who tested the expresscard34 slot?

Thanks
rubel

Thanks Pandar

Pandar:
That are great news. :) :)
I want to use it witch a StudioLive 16.4.2 Mixer from Presonus
to record live bands.

rubel

Thanks for the great info tony, blueking and all the rest. Just a little FYI for anyone in the Nordic countries who might be considering this laptop: I just checked the specifications for all the 4530s models on offer from HP in this region, and none of them come with an Atheros WiFi chip installed, so if you are, like me, considering this laptop for a hackintoshing project, you will most likely need to get an Atheros card separately. Do check with your vendor first, though - maybe Ralink is the default delivered now but maybe some older models are still in stock out there with Atheros cards under the hood. Good luck to us all! :)

EDIT: The 4330s is available with Atheros cards in the Nordic countries though; specific models are LW820EA and LW815EA which are both on the higher end of the price range for the 4330s series. Another option would be to go for the cheaper 4330s XX940EA which has a Ralink card (and a 3G WWAN modem), and replace it with an Atheros card, which would probably be a lot cheaper than buying either of the models that come with Atheros out of the box.

aperfectenemy said:
I am planning on buying a hp probook 4530s (with intel core i5 2430M). I read on the forum that, the bluetooth doesn't work properly. As I was planning on using a magic mouse, can i use an external usb bluetooth dongle and then sync the magic mouse on hp probook 4530s ? sorry for my bad english, i'm not a native speaker.

Works great, I use a usb bluetooch and I have the MAC keyboard and mouse ... When you suspend the computer stops working, but is simply disconnect and reconnect and it works again.

Back