1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
WELCOME TO THE TONYMACX86 FORUM!

FORUM RULES
There are a few rules of the road here. Official rules of conduct have now been posted in the FAQ. Inconsideration of these rules will result in a permanent ban from the site.
READ THE RULES: faq.php

SPECS IN PROFILE FIELDS
All new members will be required to put their specs into fields in their public profile. This will help with questions without specs, etc... Please, all registered members- go into Control panel and fill out your basic system specs. This will not transfer to your signature- please continue to also include your specs in your signature. Thanks!!

Motherboard or Laptop
CPU
Graphics
Other

Screen shot 2010-05-02 at 2.57.37 PM.png

SITE SUGGESTIONS:
I'd really like some feedback on this issue- we're getting to the point where we can expand a bit for clarity's stake. I've thrown around a few ideas here and there in the Site Suggestions forum. I think we can all work together to make this place the most helpful and convenient it can be. Please open up a topic in the Site Suggestions forum with your ideas, or join the discussions in progress. I'd appreciate anything you have to offer!

I noticed that a lot of you haven't added an avatar to your profile. I uploaded a bunch of images into our avatar gallery. You'll have to click display gallery in the Control Panel under Edit Profile to view them all. Feel free to use any of these, or upload your own! Here are a few examples:

MacPro.jpg
iPhone.jpg
CinemaDisplay.jpg
Warning.jpg

RANKS
Below are the default ranks for members of the tonymacx86 Forum. Rise in rank as your post count rises.

Lurker 0 posts
Noob 1-9 posts
GeekInTraining 10-49 posts
eGeek 50-99 posts
Geek 100-249 posts
iGeek 250-499 posts
UberGeek 500-999 posts
iGenius 1000 posts

SPECS IN SIGNATURES
It's important to put all specs for your particular system into your signature. At the least, provide your CPU, MOBO, and GRAPHICS. It will greatly improve your chances of getting the right person to help you out if you have a question. Possibly even someone with your exact build. And if you can provide help, it's best for the person to know your specs as well. Also, feel free to link your personal website in your signature.

ATTACHMENTS
I've added a lot of relevant extensions that you can add to your posts as attachments including .iso, .aml, .dsl, .plist, .kext, .mkext. This will allow you to quickly upload a file if you have a question or example. No more zipping required!

HELPING PEOPLE
If you're browsing the forum, don't be shy to add your 2 cents into any conversation. If you've received help in the past, likewise you can help others if you have solved issues. Don't think that if someone addresses me in particular that the topic is off limits- I'd appreciate any help you can offer! And I don't have all the answers- as evidenced by my blog comments. ;)

SOLVED ISSUES
Take a look through your posts- if your issue has been solved, edit your original post and add [SOLVED] to its title.

MOVING TOPICS
As I add forums and sections to the site, I may move some topics around to proper sections. Don't take this the wrong way- it's just for clarity, not content.

It's been an awesome first couple of weeks here, and I want to say thank you for participating and joining this community!

Lastly, just wanted to say that I'm absolutely knocked out by the quality of support that this forum has provided for it's users so far. The care and consideration that you've shown for one another is a rare thing on the internet these days. Let's all keep it up! Thank you for making this place what it is!

If you're new here, welcome to the forum, and I hope you find the help you're looking for!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-05-02 at 2.57.37 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-05-02 at 2.57.37 PM.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 925
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Site News

Hi Tony,

That's great news, anyway, I tried to add avatar but there was an error. :(

Code:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 2350: getimagesize(./images/avatars/gallery/tonymacx86 Forum/tonymacx86%20Apple.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/tonymacx/public_html/includes/functions.php:3493) in /home2/tonymacx/public_html/includes/functions.php on line 3543

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Column 'user_avatar_height' cannot be null [1048]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

Re: Site News

Thanks for the tip- turns out I have to name all of the avatars without spaces. :confused: :lolno: o_O :mrgreen:

Re: Site News - New Forums Added!

Like the organizing of the new categories. makes it a little bit less clustered

Re: Site News - iBoot + MultiBeast Guide Today!

Hey everyone- the new iBoot + MultiBeast guide is in final testing and should be up today! :)

tonymacx86 said:
Hey everyone- the new iBoot + MultiBeast guide is in final testing and should be up today! :)

Looking forward to it! Will it include any love for ATI Radeon 4850?

Thanks Tony!
Your help is greatly appreciated.
and thanks for the avatars!
-er1cha

Thank You ... nice avatars :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back