Intel i9-10850k along with Noctua NH-D15 SSO2 D-Type Premium CPU Cooler
Graphics
Primary: Sapphire Pulse RX 570, Secondary: UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I cannot recall which Ethernet Drivers I installed from Multibeast, its been like forever. I've never had problems in a long time, seems a couple of years. Earlier today I was doing something, I cannot recall what, but I turned off my Ethernet Port (wired, I have no wireless in my hack), then I made it Inactive. I can't recall but I decided to reboot OS X while Ethernet was still INACTIVE and low behold OS X would NOT boot.

What in the world would cause this? I actually had to boot up my external backup I use and copy /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist from my backup to my internal OS X. Once I did that it booted just fine.

Does anyone have an idea why it would do this? Also how can I make my ethernet port ACTIVE from Command Line/Single User Mode if I mistakenly do this again? I tried ifconfig en0 up and I would get en0 does not exist. I think ifconfig up only enables the port. I didn't find a solution online anywhere but I know there has to be a way to make an Ethernet Connection Active from Command Line.

Anyway help or assistance it very much appreciated.

One a side note...BTW I am still running El Capitan because I have applications that will not run anything greater than 10.11....I refuse to upgrade and most likely never will because of these two REDMATICA Applications I purchased 6 months before Redmatica sold us out to Apple, who in return hired the guy who created Redmatica Apps, then in the OS X updates, Apple purposely caused these applications not to run. I love OS X but I hate Apple with a passion. I've had nothing but issues with my iPhone which was only 5 years old. Never dropped it, always kept in Otter Box case and just two weeks ago the iPhone was buried, had its funeral. I will never, ever buy another Apple product/hardware ever again. I'm done with them. Yes Apple scams people with their OS X/IOS updates, do not trust them BTW. They are nothing more than a money making pig...Sorry for ranting but I've spend way too much on Apple products, never again. Fool me once thats on me but fool me twice that is on you!!!