1. 0
Hey guys,

My Specs:

- MOBO: GA-Z77X-UD5H

- CPU: i7 3770k

- OSX 10.8.4

- DVI to HDMI to my monitor VIA onboard HD4000

My Issue:

My computer runs perfectly fine for the most part. Some days when I turn it on, it starts immediately and runs great. Other days, I will turn it on and no video will display. I have to unplug the power and hold in the power button, replug the power and try again. I will repeat this process until the video starts responding.

I have now started unplugging and replugging the DVI from the back of the computer while doing the process above. What I discovered is that the computer actually starts but the video is scattered. I've attached a picture below.

I don't get why some days it starts up perfectly with no issues and some days I have to restart the computer up to 6 times to get it working.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8317.jpg
    IMG_8317.jpg
    575.4 KB · Views: 143
Anyone?

This is still happening and it's driving me crazy.

When I was having a similar problem with my 3770k/4000, I'd put the box to sleep and then wake it up and it usually fixed the problem. I dont use that combo anymore due to the inability to play protected HD content in itunes with the 7+ series chipset.

The issue seems to be a video sync issue. I experienced the same problem with two ASUS P8Z77i systems with Core i7 and Core i3 Ivy Bridge processors (HD3000 & HD4000). If display resolution is reduced the number of repeated images gets reduced proportionally. I have never been able to get a single output, e.g. DVI or Displayport, to properly sync. However, having two simultaneous output ports connected to monitor(s) and unplugging one eventually fixes the issue. I also switched to a different Dell monitor to rule out any potential problem with the original monitor. The only common part amongst all the experiments was the P8Z77-i motherboard, even though one can argue that the processor graphics was not that different considering the video signal trace/path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back