i3 8100
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,
I finished my 1st hackintosh, everything is running properly but I have a strange resolution. Hackintosh connected with HDMI on different TV, different HDMI cable...same issue. The bar menu on the top of the screen is hide and the dock in the lower part is cut.
Can't get the full image on the screen, . If you have an idea?

I know it sounds obvious but...have you tried re-adjusting from your screen? Like auto-adjust to the source?
I had one similar problem once and that wasn't the first thing I tried...Sometimes we search for way more complicated solutions.

I know it sounds obvious but...have you tried re-adjusting from your screen? Like auto-adjust to the source?
I had one similar problem once and that wasn't the first thing I tried...Sometimes we search for way more complicated solutions.
Thanks mate.
I got a look, I can move the image on the screen (up/down, right/left), unfortunately I don't have any auto-adjust on this TV. I should back home in couples of days, I'll try with my normal TV.

I back home and tried with my 4k TV, same resolution but with this TV I can re-adjust, works!!!
But I note when my hackintosh start up, I have 4k resolution but after switch automaticly to full hd.
Is it normal? Can I get 4K resolution instead full hd? (I have 4K TV)

UHD 630 supports 4k@60hz via DP. for HDMI it depends, check your motherboard specs, if it is HDMI 1.2, you get 4k@30hz the most, if it is HDMI 2.0, you get 4k@60hz.

You can set resolution via System Preferences-Displays

UHD 630 supports 4k@60hz via DP. for HDMI it depends, check your motherboard specs, if it is HDMI 1.2, you get 4k@30hz the most, if it is HDMI 2.0, you get 4k@60hz.

You can set resolution via System Preferences-Displays
Motherboard support HDMI 2.0. At start up with apple logo get the 4k resolution but when I get the desktop the TV switch to Full HD. I tried to change it but mac os doesn't propose the 4K only 1080p maximum

Motherboard support HDMI 2.0. At start up with apple logo get the 4k resolution but when I get the desktop the TV switch to Full HD. I tried to change it but mac os doesn't propose the 4K only 1080p maximum

can you take a screenshot at System Preferences-Displays?

also add this boot arg: -cdfon to your config.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back