Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Problem Description:
After putting computer to sleep, the monitor will turn off, the fans slow down but the power is still being fed to the USB ports and the power led is on. After about a minute the fans will stop completely and the power led goes off but after a second computer wakes itself up and everything goes back to the state before putting it to sleep: monitor on, usb power on, etc.

I did read a lot about this problem, and according to the logs this the reason:

2016-12-15 20:31:29.793441+0100 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC
2016-12-15 20:31:29.793442+0100 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC​

XHC suggest something wrong with USB so I tried disconnecting all of the external USB devices (mouse, keyboard etc) to no avail. Then I remembered that the WiFi/BT card/adapter I got few weeks ago also uses USB for the BT portion of the card. Disconnecting that USB cable makes everything work properly but well, I kinda need that Bluetooth adapter to work :/

Things I believe might be connected:

• All of the USB devices connected appear on the USB 3.0 Bus in the USB Device Tree, even though most of them are actually connected to USB 2.0 ports.
  • My DSDT looks super weird compared to what I see people posting in the guides, I've attached both the original one exported by Clover and the patched one (applying random patches from PJALM's repository)

My Build (only the relevant part):
EDIT:
After posting this issue I've found this post that describes exactly the same problem I'm having. Unfortunately I don't understand how that user managed to fix the problem.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/316815-bcm943602cs-combo-card-prevents-sleep-on-sierra/

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.6 KB · Views: 217
  • DSDT.aml
    68.2 KB · Views: 148
  • DSDT_ORIGINAL.aml
    66.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
This does it for me too.

machine in signature

Okay, I managed to "fix" the problem by disabling Wake on USB with RehabMan's DSDT patch from his Laptop DSDT Patches repo. Downside: I can only wake the computer with the power button now.

Okay, I managed to "fix" the problem by disabling Wake on USB with RehabMan's DSDT patch from his Laptop DSDT Patches repo. Downside: I can only wake the computer with the power button now.
do you mean the "instant wake" patch?

Problem Description:
After putting computer to sleep, the monitor will turn off, the fans slow down but the power is still being fed to the USB ports and the power led is on. After about a minute the fans will stop completely and the power led goes off but after a second computer wakes itself up and everything goes back to the state before putting it to sleep: monitor on, usb power on, etc.

I did read a lot about this problem, and according to the logs this the reason:

2016-12-15 20:31:29.793441+0100 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC
2016-12-15 20:31:29.793442+0100 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC​

XHC suggest something wrong with USB so I tried disconnecting all of the external USB devices (mouse, keyboard etc) to no avail. Then I remembered that the WiFi/BT card/adapter I got few weeks ago also uses USB for the BT portion of the card. Disconnecting that USB cable makes everything work properly but well, I kinda need that Bluetooth adapter to work :/

Things I believe might be connected:

• All of the USB devices connected appear on the USB 3.0 Bus in the USB Device Tree, even though most of them are actually connected to USB 2.0 ports.
  • My DSDT looks super weird compared to what I see people posting in the guides, I've attached both the original one exported by Clover and the patched one (applying random patches from PJALM's repository)

My Build (only the relevant part):
EDIT:
After posting this issue I've found this post that describes exactly the same problem I'm having. Unfortunately I don't understand how that user managed to fix the problem.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/316815-bcm943602cs-combo-card-prevents-sleep-on-sierra/

DSDT isn't patched properly. You haven't disabled XWAK. XWAK is probably causing you're problem. Take a look at my Github and look at XWAK for example. https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Z-H97N-WIFI-Patches. Attach ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Don't need it if you disable XWAK.

Don't need it if you disable XWAK.

Thanks for help VoiletDragon, unfortunately either your solution doesn't work for my problem or I did something wrong. Attached you will find a copy of my IOReg, my current Clover's config.plist and my CLOVER folder from EFI Volume (without themes dir).

PS: Here's a screenshot of an error I'm getting when trying to open your SSDT-XWAK.aml in MaciASL, any idea what's going on?
Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 21.09.15.png

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    13.3 MB · Views: 131
  • config.plist
    7.7 KB · Views: 223
  • Clover.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Thanks for help VoiletDragon, unfortunately either your solution doesn't work for my problem or I did something wrong. Attached you will find a copy of my IOReg, my current Clover's config.plist and my CLOVER folder from EFI Volume (without themes dir).

PS: Here's a screenshot of an error I'm getting when trying to open your SSDT-XWAK.aml in MaciASL, any idea what's going on?
View attachment 226096

ioreg looks fine. Why have you removed origin folder from EFI/Clover/ACPI? You need to Press F4 at Clover boot and attach origin folder but you cant as you've deleted it which doesn't make no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back