Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI B150M Bazooka Plus
CPU
Intel Core i3 6100
Graphics
nVidia GTX760 Reference Card
Hey all,

So, I have been having some weird issues lately with my Hackintosh install (Sierra 10.12.2). Occasionally, the mouse will do this thing that causes the dock animation to stop working, as well as a few other weird issues such as not being able to properly drag and drop things, drop down menus not highlighting options until I click on one, etc. The mouse cursor still moves fine, however. I can temporarily this by simply unplugging and replugging the mouse, but as you might expect, that can get pretty annoying to do every so often. Anyone have any ideas if there is a fix for this/what is causing it? Thanks

UPDATE: I figured out what is causing the issue, and it is when I press the middle mouse wheel and scroll it at the same time. Weird...

I've had the same problem since installing sierra, its annoying as hell. Been searching this forum on and off every few weeks for months now. haven't been able to find a solution

I have the same exact problem with El Capitain 10.11.6 latest update. Thanks for finding the cause of it. I confirm I can reproduce it using with middle button and scroll wheel at the same time.

A fix is mandatory for me because I am a cad user. In cad middle button is for pan and scrolling wheel is for zoom. Any other can reproduce the problem?

Do you run any programs like USB Overdrive? I used to (to fix the accelerated scrolling isn Sierra), and as soon as I uninstalled it the issue went away... If not, then I have no idea what the issue is...

I've run into the problem with and without using usb overdrive. I'm starting to think its an issue with certain mouses. I've had the problem with some logitechs and my current mionix naos

I use USB Overdrive and a cheap gaming mouse "Element Hasiba". The issue came up with upgrade to 10.11 and Clover. Mavericks with same mouse and USB overdrive worked perfect! The problem gets away if I disconnect and reconnect usb receiver. With normal use of the OS there is no big problem but in CAD half my clicks are middle click.

@stage12 You are right! I connected an MX Anywhere I use with a Laptop and problem gone (I specifically pressed every button and scrolled wheel at the same time and nothing went wrong). Then again I think Logitech does not register its buttons following any global specs because USB Overdrive can't see them. Even OSX thinks you attach a keyboard the first time you connect it and that's the reason I stopped buying Logitech because I had to install the whole LCC software to program just one or 2 buttons. Even the middle click is not on the wheel but on a separate must program button.

@djdproductions324 I will test without USB Overdrive and let you (all the forum) know!

PS. Without this problem cheap gaming mouses with 5 at least buttons and USB Overdrive are the champion value for money traditional mouses. If you find the one that fits your hand you can for 15 - 25 € or $ buy a near perfect solution. Now we have to test for OSX compliance...

I had some similar issues not being able to hover on menus, couldn't hover over youtube videos to get the bar showing etc.
On El Capitan and I've moved my PC Mad Cats R.A.T Gaming mouse to my Mac.

It seems that the generic driver didn't work, I had to download a driver from Mac Cats and after that the mouse has worked flawlessly.

I had a RAT 7 that i tried to use with and without the mad catz drivers. This was in decemember, same issues. Did they just come out with the new mac drivers?

Update: I removed USB Overdrive, installed Steermouse and changed my 2005 Apple Keyboard (from my old iMac G5) and everything works now. I will retry USB Overdrive because I like it more than Steermouse. It can customize keyboards too (like the one PC keyboard with media keys I downgraded to).

PS. The Apple Keyboard was registering command key on its own, so some clicks were actually read as cmd+click with a lot of problems like no drag or no drop. Open the keyboard display in the input sources and check your keyboard is working well and not sending ghost keystrokes especially from the modifier keys. It took me so long to understand the problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back