Motherboard
Dell E6230
CPU
i7 3GHz i7
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Sierra upgrade went well. All works but discovered this annoying issue where the internal mic goes out randomly. No particular pattern. Most from what I've read it goes dead after sleep. Mine actually works after wake, that is it starts to work again after wake. Only the mic is affected, sound works fine. It's a patched HDA I did long time ago that always has worked. I have codec commander installed. I even tried a new DSDT patch with audio layout 3 with some patched HDA online that is the same codec alc269vc. Anyone have any ideas on the cause?

Sierra upgrade went well. All works but discovered this annoying issue where the internal mic goes out randomly. No particular pattern. Most from what I've read it goes dead after sleep. Mine actually works after wake, that is it starts to work again after wake. Only the mic is affected, sound works fine. It's a patched HDA I did long time ago that always has worked. I have codec commander installed. I even tried a new DSDT patch with audio layout 3 with some patched HDA online that is the same codec alc269vc. Anyone have any ideas on the cause?

Is your patched AppleHDA patched from native AppleHDA from the version of macOS that you're running?
That's pretty important...

Is your patched AppleHDA patched from native AppleHDA from the version of macOS that you're running?
That's pretty important...
No its not. Patched I believe from ML. It was working great up to Yosemite. So I need to re-patch from native AppleHDA Sierra again? You mean get the codec dumps again and do all that work again? Or just replace xml files? Man I hope its gotten easier. It was a long time ago.:(

No its not. Patched I believe from ML. It was working great up to Yosemite. So I need to re-patch from native AppleHDA Sierra again? You mean get the codec dumps again and do all that work again? Or just replace xml files? Man I hope its gotten easier. It was a long time ago.:(

Replace XML files/etc.
You might look at my patch_hda.sh script which does a lot of the work automatically given a set of plist files...
You will find the script in almost all my github guide content. Tweak to your delight...

Or use Mirone's AppleHDA patcher (you can provide your own XML content, or use downloaded content).

Or do it manually.

Replace XML files/etc.
You might look at my patch_hda.sh script which does a lot of the work automatically given a set of plist files...
You will find the script in almost all my github guide content. Tweak to your delight.
Or use Mirone's AppleHDA patcher (you can provide your own XML content, or use downloaded content).
Or do it manually.
Thanks Rehabman. Will it matter that I'm using layout 28? Could you provide a link on your script. I'm having trouble seeing it. I will look at it again, and read up on mirone patcher as well. I was hoping some of those patched appleHDA he has with patch layout 3 would have worked. But they totally wiped sound out.

Thanks Rehabman. Will it matter that I'm using layout 28? Could you provide a link on your script. I'm having trouble seeing it. I will look at it again, and read up on mirone patcher as well. I was hoping some of those patched appleHDA he has with patch layout 3 would have worked. But they totally wiped sound out.

All my projects are linked from the Projects link in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back