Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I'm running OS X 10.10 Yosemite on my ASUS S400CA (see signature). Everything is working completely except FaceTime! When I open the FaceTime app on my dock, it opens up, and then gives me a black screen. Not the entire desktop, but just the FaceTime UI. When I open the preferences for it, it says "You are signed out of FaceTime. Sign into FaceTime with the on-screen instructions.", yet the FaceTime app/screen is black and I can't click anything on it. I've attached a screenshot of it.
View attachment Weird Facetime Glitch.tiff
I know my laptop's built-in camera is recognized and working on OS X because it shows up in System Information in the Camera section, and Photo Booth takes pictures fine. Anybody have a possible solution? :D Would be appreciated!

-Duncan

Yep, I'm getting the same thing running 10.10

Cheers,

Bill

Anybody want to shed light on why this happens? Would be appreciated!:D

does anybody have a solution to this? ANY feedback would be welcome, as I still have this problem ...

Cheers!

Same here... if you find anything out, please share!

I suspect it's a graphics issue, although I have full QE/CI enabled ...

It MAY be because HD is not enabled, although I have no idea what it is / how to enable it ...
IMG_1078.jpg
I took this from my iPhone, so excuse the bad quality. I've read around a little bit and usually when you have QE/CI and full graphics acceleration all of the features should be enabled / "supported"? I'm just throwing something out there that may be the problem. Can you see if this is the same for you guys?

Cheers!

Camera reported in system profile- does NOT mean you will get an image.
Facetime or skype etc show this behaviour. I use an app called camera control- or camtwist which enables the camera correctly. Facetime gui will appear.

Camera reported in system profile- does NOT mean you will get an image.
Facetime or skype etc show this behaviour. I use an app called camera control- or camtwist which enables the camera correctly. Facetime gui will appear.

Hi,

thanks for your info. I don't think it's my camera though as my camera is properly detected and activated in Skype, but I will try your solution and see what happens. Thanks!

cheers!

Hi,

thanks for your info. I don't think it's my camera though as my camera is properly detected and activated in Skype, but I will try your solution and see what happens. Thanks!

cheers!

I can confirm that uses the Camera Control app (http://phoboslab.org/log/2009/07/uvc-camera-control-for-mac-os-x) enables the FaceTime UI WHILE Camera Control is running, but not for that long (for me). When you close Camera Control the camera feed on the FaceTime UI stops. Thank you very much for this information! Now to get my internal webcam properly recognized by OS X (it spazzes out sometimes, I should have mentioned that in the first post)

Cheers!

Great! Yes camera feed only available while the camera control app is running. This is intended behaviour- albeit not very convenient.
Some versions just give blank screen- others work fine. Camtwist is even less reliable in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back