Contribute
Register

Weird double Clover boot menus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a similar problem (only my main drive is recognized in Clover when booted from SSD), but I do not seem to have the double Clover boot screens (exiting Clover reloads Clover, but it is the same). I just erased EFI and installed Clover UEFI using MultiBeast Mojave (despite my Legacy BIOS). My system boots fine, but Clover does not show the additional drives.

Main boot disk: Dedicated SSD with Mojave
Additional drives: (both of these are partitions on larger drives with storage partitions)
- Yosemite HD (cloned from a backup, that booted once from USB, but now KPs), this is Extended (Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
- 2nd Mojave installation for testing (APFS)

Clover on several USB sticks I have can all boot all 3 drives. Copying these working EFI to the SSD does not resolve the issue. It looks like one person with my board in this thread fixed this with the Multibeast-Install-as-UEFI, but this did not fix it for me. I don't have the dual-Clover issue, so maybe my problem is different?

I copied the /EFI/ folder from an old Unibeast Mojave Installer to my SSD-EFI, and can get a double-clover boot screen that eventually shows all 3 of my bootable drives. Using my own Clover installations I cannot get it to work. I have tried the UEFI Clover installation, but that shows no bootable drives. Reverting to my latest working Clover (copy /EFI/), I see just Main HD and no double-clover menu (so do not see additional 2 bootable drives).

Is there a more direct solution that installing Clover in UEFI mode? This seems like it is "cleaning up" something that can likely be fixed directly? Hopefully those more knowlegable than me can help?

I have finally been able to install MB Clover in UEFI mode, and it will recognize the Main HD (but not 2 other Mojave boot drives). It cannot boot the drive though, just a black screen and reboot (even in -v, no message). If I exit out of Clover, it just goes to a cursor and black screen.

I had to add AFPS.efi on my non-UEFI Clover for it to boot all loaded drive (with double-menu). Including that for the UEFI version didn't seem to help.

Other's have had success with my board, so I'd like to keep trying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back