Graphics
ATI Radeon 6870
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have this box together and experienced a weird issue I thought I'd run by the community.

When installing to a 2.5 500 GB WD Black drive, I would consistently get the boot failure seen in the attached photo. I reinstalled and reconfigured five times trying the available DSDT, EasyBeast and every other configuration I could find on the boards. That boot issue remained consistent. I could always load the OS after install if I booted from the Unibeast USB, but I could never get a direct boot from the hard drive without throwing that error.

On my brother's suggestion, I swapped in a spare SSD I had planned for storage on another box. The install went of without a hitch and booted without issue.

The mechanical hard drive functions without issue in every other way and I triple checked that I had the drives formatted the same way. The only thing I can think of that is different is mechanical drive vs. SSD, which should not make any difference.

No urgency here. I ordered a small SSD to be the boot drive, so the problem is solved for me. I am throwing this out for community out of curioisity's sake and in case it helps someone else down the road.

KM

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    987.1 KB · Views: 151
I have this box together and experienced a weird issue I thought I'd run by the community.

When installing to a 2.5 500 GB WD Black drive, I would consistently get the boot failure seen in the attached photo. I reinstalled and reconfigured five times trying the available DSDT, EasyBeast and every other configuration I could find on the boards. That boot issue remained consistent. I could always load the OS after install if I booted from the Unibeast USB, but I could never get a direct boot from the hard drive without throwing that error.

On my brother's suggestion, I swapped in a spare SSD I had planned for storage on another box. The install went of without a hitch and booted without issue.

The mechanical hard drive functions without issue in every other way and I triple checked that I had the drives formatted the same way. The only thing I can think of that is different is mechanical drive vs. SSD, which should not make any difference.

No urgency here. I ordered a small SSD to be the boot drive, so the problem is solved for me. I am throwing this out for community out of curioisity's sake and in case it helps someone else down the road.

KM

http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Thx RehabMan!

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind posting how you installed ML because I've been having issues getting my ML setup after it crashed on an update to 10.8.x. I've checked multiple guides and for some reason I'm just unable to run multibeast and successfully boot again. Thanks in advance for the help!! :)

mobo: ga-z68-ud5-b3
Graphics: gtx 670

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back