Contribute
Register

Weird audio bug on Z370 after installing Catalina (10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus TUF Z370-Plus Gaming
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings, dear community.

Last monday I decided to update my beloved Hackintosh to 10.15, this time looking forward to enabling bluetooth and some other functions such as iMessage once all my basic needs are well set.

Previously on Mojave, I used to have a weird bug in which audio devices would only show up once I turned on the computer and let it go to sleep on its own. Now, this is even more severe, as this "spell" only works sometimes. Some things I've noticed are that Safari and Spotify MUST be closed in order for the "coming back from sleep" fix occurs, and that also sometimes, when opening a Youtube video on full screen (after starting up the computer, so without audio), at any random moment audio "magically" comes to life. Once audio is up and running, it doesn't go away until I shut down the computer.
  • My build:
    • Running macOS Catalina (10.15.3). Previously running Mojave and High Sierra, pretty much smoothly (aside from the mentioned bug).
    • Asus TUF Z370-PLUS GAMING
    • UEFI BIOS version 0430 x64; firmware version: 11.8.50.3399
    • Intel Core i5 8400, 2.8 GHz
    • Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
  • I followed Toleda’s AppleHDA Realtek Audio guide, like always.
  • I'm attaching IOReg, screenshots of my input and output windows from System Preferences > Sound , my S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext file, and my config.plist. If there's anything else you may need to help me solve this issue, I will be glad to post it.
Has this happened to anyone before? I tried looking it up but only to see posts of people losing audio after going to sleep. What happens to me is the opposite.

I appreciate all of your time in advance. Have a wonderful day.

Attachments

• Sebaez's Files.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back