Graphics
evga 660 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently purchased a logitech c920 Hd Pro Webcam ro go on my new Mountain lion hackintosh. I have read some reviews saying that this works out of box, but sadly, it didnt. I pklugged it in via usb, but nothing. It shows up in audio but doesnt show up as a webcam, on skype, facetime, Photo Booth, or imovie. It just shows up as a black screen. Pictures can be taken with it, but once again, a black screen.Do i need to download some kind of kext or file or something, thanks.

Is it a problem with the hardware or the Mountain lion OS?

I just purchased webcam settings and i have been messing around with it. Thank you for the recommendation but sadly, my webcam is not being recognized. It is being recognized as a working microphone though. It says that is is supported:/ Maybe i have to change a kext or something like i had to do to get my audio working?

P.S. Unrelated, but, Ive had this hackintosh for about half a year and my iphone 4s still wont connect. I have posted topics about it, but it seems like no-one knows why. It doesn't even charge,, I've tried everything.

Thanks

No it doesn't, its as if it wasn't plugged in, but it is, and i know for fact the usb ports work.

I will try camtwist, thank you.

EDIT: Cam twist does not seem to recognize the webcam. Is it a kext that i need to install?:?:

I'm sorry, I was hoping this would work! When you load up Photo Booth, do you see the activity indicator working and then a black screen follows? Again in Photo Booth, what options do you have under the 'Camera' menu?

For the iPhone, does this change if you use any of the other USB ports front/rear etc, and what does it say in system information under USB? Is it listed there?

1. I have tried every usb port, still no camera. When i open photobooth it shows the not camera icon. Under the camera menue it says no available cameras.

2.I have tried multiple usb ports but it still wont show up anywhere, I have a blue snowball mic working perfectly.

I have tried running the iousb rollback which replaces the iousbfamily.kext and iousbmassStorageClass.kext with older versions but it still wont connect. I have tried every usb port and multiple phones.

I have tried running the iousb rollback which replaces the iousbfamily.kext and iousbmassStorageClass.kext with older versions but it still wont connect. I have tried every usb port and multiple phones.

Ran into this exist issue. I can detect the camera. The Microphone works. But, no "camera" is detected in any of the apps. Did you ever resolve this issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back