Contribute
Register

Webcam doesn't work, but detected in System Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, can you please share with the the AppleHDA.kext for Sierra if you have it? Thanks :)

If you're looking for vanilla AppleHDA.kext, use the macOS installer to refresh all your kexts.

If you're looking for vanilla AppleHDA.kext, use the macOS installer to refresh all your kexts.
Can I do that without messing up the DSDT patches and other clover configs I've modified? and also without erasing my data?

Can I do that without messing up the DSDT patches and other clover configs I've modified? and also without erasing my data?

The macOS installer does not touch EFI/Clover. Your data will still remain (provided you don't erase the partition).

Note: You should have a backup anyway (and know how to use it). An SSD or HDD can fail at any time, without warning, but the most common cause of data loss is "user error".

The macOS installer does not touch EFI/Clover. Your data will still remain (provided you don't erase the partition).

Note: You should have a backup anyway (and know how to use it). An SSD or HDD can fail at any time, without warning, but the most common cause of data loss is "user error".
Thanks for the heads up :) So I shall just rerun the installer, without touching the disk utility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back