Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 970 SC
Hi guys,

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find the information on this specific issue elsewhere.

So I've just finished my first build, running 10.12.5.

Everything was going well with my EVGA GTX 970 SC 2.0 through HDMI. I was testing this through HDMI on a TV. I installed the Nvidia Web Drivers, and without issue I had QE/CI working!

I then moved to another TV, a bigger one with the aim to ultimately run in 4K if possible. However, now when I boot up the screen goes completely blank during boot up. There's no Kernal panic, I've run in verbose and even in this screen it just turns blank there too (I'm trying to read what it says before it disappears this but it goes before I can, I believe it's after an IO controller, will try to look again soon)

If I run without the Web Drivers enabled it boots up and the display appears, but it's not ideal as it's very stuttered.

Any idea what could be causing this? Why would it work perfectly with one TV and not another, especially as I've not changed the resolution or display port.

Sorry if I'm being a n00b here, I just need to get this set up on my TV.

Apple support HDMI 1.4 and DisplayPort, but on 4K TV screens manufacturers are using HDMI 2.0 for the higher resolution. The only way around this at present is to buy a DisplayPort > HDMI 2.0 adaptor and use this in conjunction with a HDMI 2.0 cable to your screen.

Hi again,

So I got a DisplayPort HDMI adapter and unfortunately that's not doing the trick. Here's what I'm seeing before the screen crashes:

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Any idea why this would happen? When GraphicsEnabler=No it loads without a hitch

What hardware are you running - the motherboard/CPU combo in your signature do not match -please update.

GraphicsEnabler=No is an old Chameleon bootloader bootflag which Clover does not recognise. Clover uses graphics injection, but you do not want to be injecting either Intel or nvidia graphics with a GTX 970.

Are you saying that GraphicsEnabler=No allows you to boot?....

Sorry about that. It's a Gigabyte GA-Z170MX and EVGA GTX 970 SC 2.0

To clarify, it boots when I don't inject the Nvidia Web Drivers from Clover options. It also boots when I use GraphicsEnabler=No, so I guess that somehow still works in Clover?

That being said, the Web Drivers worked perfectly on a different TV.

Sorry about that. It's a Gigabyte GA-Z170MX and EVGA GTX 970 SC 2.0

To clarify, it boots when I don't inject the Nvidia Web Drivers from Clover options. It also boots when I use GraphicsEnabler=No, so I guess that somehow still works in Clover?

That being said, the Web Drivers worked perfectly on a different TV.

It could be some sort of incompatibility between the GPU, adapter and the TV. Clover cannot read GraphicsEnabler=Yes/NO - so this being there is down to something else. I think that your problems are more likely with incorrect setup somewhere along the line.
https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/configuration/boot

How to set up the nvidia web drivers:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

For clarity, in case someone else finds this thread, it looks like an issue with my motherboards most recent BIOS update and Mac OS 10.12.5 (reports that issues also occur on 10.12.4).

If you have the same motherboard and haven't updated above 10.12.3, I wouldn't do so for the time being. I'm going to keep working on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back