Contribute
Register

Solved: Web Driver not responding. Can only boot with nv_disable=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the smUUID have do to anything with this?

Why would it ?

IDk. Just trying things. I'm at a loss. Better to ask stupid questions than to never ask them at all and never find the answer.

Yes, the Shell Script.

Try typing in: bcfg boot dump
then hit enter.

It only happened once. Haven't seen it since.

Still trying out googled solutions.

Alright, final update for now. I went ahead and took out an extra SSD and installed Windows 10 to see if the driver would work. Here was my conclusion. BTW, I still don't care for windows. If you're Installing windows 10, make sure not to do Windows 10 S. Doesn't let you install other programs or driversHaven't worked with microsoft since 2011. Installing drivers is a much worse pain than Apple as the process to install one driver from Nvidia was basically 3-4 install loading bars. Anyways.

Installed windows
Installed drivers.

The screen resolution would change to 4K but there was a glitch in the screen that would show green vertical glitch lines. It wasn't the OS as a screen cap would work fine. All other resolutions and HDMI would not show the issue. Only 4K.

Went through more trouble shooting. Forums say it's a bad driver.

Called Gigabyte. They couldn't fix it over the phone. Gigabyte has 3-year warranty. So I've sent in a request for a repair. I will let you know when it comes back if it works or not. My guess is that it got burned out. Maybe I didn't have my fans on high enough most of the time. Need to set that on auto.

So until then, thank you everyone for your support and troubleshooting techniques. In the end, it's probably going to be a hardware issue.

Alright, final update for now. I went ahead and took out an extra SSD and installed Windows 10 to see if the driver would work. Here was my conclusion. BTW, I still don't care for windows. If you're Installing windows 10, make sure not to do Windows 10 S. Doesn't let you install other programs or driversHaven't worked with microsoft since 2011. Installing drivers is a much worse pain than Apple as the process to install one driver from Nvidia was basically 3-4 install loading bars. Anyways.

Installed windows
Installed drivers.

The screen resolution would change to 4K but there was a glitch in the screen that would show green vertical glitch lines. It wasn't the OS as a screen cap would work fine. All other resolutions and HDMI would not show the issue. Only 4K.

Went through more trouble shooting. Forums say it's a bad driver.

Called Gigabyte. They couldn't fix it over the phone. Gigabyte has 3-year warranty. So I've sent in a request for a repair. I will let you know when it comes back if it works or not. My guess is that it got burned out. Maybe I didn't have my fans on high enough most of the time. Need to set that on auto.

So until then, thank you everyone for your support and troubleshooting techniques. In the end, it's probably going to be a hardware issue.

I was going to suggest taking the card out and reinstall using your IGPU. You should be able to run OSX with HD 530 graphics no problem for now.

Alright Y'all! Happy New Year! Updating you on the status of my Hack. My GPU came back from gigabyte fixed. I plugged it in and turned on nv_disable. Everything is working just fine now. Only things that aren't currently working are the IGFX for my HDMI, and I need to fix the sleep/wake problem. The problem was a fried GPU. Thanks for all the help everyone. Best wishes for your 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back